Valve Teases Team Fortress 2 Engineer Update

Austin MacKenzie

Jan 26, 2010
Valve Teases Team Fortress 2 Engineer Update

The wait is almost over for Team Fortress 2 [http://www.amazon.com/Team-Fortress-2-Pc/dp/B00140S21O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1278516974&sr=8-1] Engineer players: A class update is coming and details may be hidden in the new video teaser.

Valve has been holding out on the Engineer update, giving the other classes all kinds of goodies to make Engineer players green with envy. That wait is ending "soon" according to Valve, which has released a new trailer to whet our appetite until the actual release.

Although apparent details are scarce, you do get a glimpse of a blueprint in the background that depicts a large mechanical arm, to say nothing of the hammer the Engineer brandishes at the end of the video. Are these red herrings? Hints of what is to come? Knowing Valve, it's likely the video is loaded with Easter eggs regarding the nature of the new update. It'll give fans something to speculate about while they wait for the actual release.

Source: VG247

Apr 28, 2008
Soon you say?
Well in Valve Time [http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time] that probably means a few months.
Still though, I'm exited. Here's hoping for something that will build stuff faster!

Edit: Also, if its like any of the other class updates, that means free TF2 weekend and a price cut. Which would also mean more people can buy it for cheap.

You know... just sayin'...

99% of the Steam forums will ***** about this in some way

Feb 13, 2008
Obvious video is obvious

Be good to see the Engie getting a bit of love after the Direct Hit, Scottish Resistance and Cloak/Dagger + Deadringer.

Although I'm gonna enjoy all the pipeline maps with 14 Engies on it....and one spah! ;)

Corven

Forever Gonzo
Sep 10, 2008
I am very much looking forward to this update, hopefully they'll give something to the engie to make him have some mobility. There's nothing more boring than sitting there for 30 minutes whacking away at a sentry gun with no enemies beside the odd spy, while hearing all the other players having fun exploding each other outside the building.

Senrab

Mar 22, 2008
Valve always plays with my emotions and desires. But I still <3 them. Also, Valve Time.

chstens

Apr 14, 2009
I'm really looking forward to this! As soon as this hits some time next year, I'm going to go back to playing TF2!

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Look at the video at 0:10 you can clearly see a strange, robot like, head on the far left side, possible clue?

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
A buildable combat drone that wanders around shooting people?

Wrann

Sep 22, 2009
Love the video and can not wait for the engi update but knowing valve it will take a while and they are just teasing us with this video.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
Irridium said:
Soon you say?

Well in Valve Time [http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Valve_Time] that probably means a few months.

Still though, I'm exited. Here's hoping for something that will build stuff faster!
Better Soon (tm) then never.

Aeshi said:
A buildable combat drone that wanders around shooting people?
To add more craziness, a banjo wielding mecha suit?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Looking forward to ti...I wonder what they are going to give it! Shinn Shinny!

Coliumbos

Mar 15, 2010
I see some sort of segway with a big rotary gun on the front, and perhaps a big AI flamey bot?

I hope?

Magnalian

Dec 10, 2009
ultimateownage said:
Look at the video at 0:10 you can clearly see a strange, robot like, head on the far left side, possible clue?
The Engineer is Iron Man. Simple as that.

Frozenfeet2

Apr 3, 2010
i reckon a new sentry, which can teleport between 2 locations, with a few seconds build time. Makes the engineer more proactive. Thats what I hope for...

Also updates for the 360? Please?

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
I believe that the update will allow the Engineer to fly and bend matter, and in some specific gametypes, time itself. He may also be able to communicate with God, or an other form of omnipotent deity.