Oscar Winner to Star in Fable 3

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Oscar Winner to Star in Fable 3

Fable 3 gets a little Oscar glamour as Academy Award winner Ben Kingsley joins the cast.

Academy Award winner Ben Kingsley will appear alongside the Jonathan Ross and John Cleese in the upcoming Lionhead title Fable 3. "I'm a voice in a new videogame shortly - Fable 3 [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77444]," said Kingsley. "I'm a wonderful wizard character who is the king of Mist Peak."

"It's very energizing and good for us actors to realize that [acting] is so diverse now," he added. "[Games] are as big a jump now as I suppose when cinema was invented, when people went from the stage to the cinema thinking: It's not really acting, is it? Now, it's videogames - and it is acting. It's very demanding."

Kingsley won his Oscar in 1982 for his performance in Gandhi, and has been nominated for three more since then. Kingsley is also playing the character of Nizam in the Prince of Persia movie and appeared in Uwe Boll's Bloodrayne [http://www.amazon.com/Bloodrayne-Unrated-Directors-game-included/dp/B000EQ5V8G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1278514653&sr=1-1].

We try not to talk about that that last one.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/ben-kingsley-to-appear-in-fable-iii]

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
EVEN MORE SOLD!

Hell, I was sold before it was announced.

Peter Molyneux is my hero. He's so...enthusastic. He wants to give you the world on a platter, even if he can't. HE WANTS TO. And as one of the 10 people who thought Fable 2 was the best game of 2008, I heartily await Fable 3.

Apr 28, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
EVEN MORE SOLD!

Peter Molyneux is my hero. He's so...enthusastic. He wants to give you the world on a platter, even if he can't. HE WANTS TO. And as one of the 10 people who thought Fable 2 was the best game of 2008, I heartily await Fable 3.
Indeed. He's one of the few people in the industry who actually seems to really believes in himself and what he's selling. Granted most of the time he just tries too hard...

OT: Hm... well, I was already sold, but now I'm more sold!

Seriously, the only way it can get better is if they add Patrick Stewart and Sean Connery!

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Irridium said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
EVEN MORE SOLD!

Indeed. He's one of the few people in the industry who actually seems to really believes in himself and what he's selling. Granted most of the time he just tries too hard...

Seriously, the only way it can get better is if they add Patrick Stewart and Sean Connery!
Well, Patrick is in Castlevania, and Sean Connery isn't likely.

Apr 28, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Irridium said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
EVEN MORE SOLD!

Well, Patrick is in Castlevania, and Sean Connery isn't likely.
Still, one can dream...

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:
WOAH, BEN FUCKING KINGSLEY!?

I want Fable 3 now! NOW!
How much is a 360 over there, anyway?
Cheap enough for me to buy it in barely one month.

I'm pretty much sold on the system now. Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, now Fable 3, and many more.

Hell. Fucking. Yes.

Mrsoupcup

Jan 13, 2009
I though it said Oscar Wild for a second. Damn you Uncylopedia, messing with my head.

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Hubilub said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:

I want Fable 3 now! NOW!

I'm pretty much sold on the system now. Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, now Fable 3, and many more.

Hell. Fucking. Yes.
See you online. just one thing...can you hardwire the internet? The M$ router is costly.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Well, I'll still get it, but it will probably suck as hard as Fable 2 did.....and this time they better put a end boss battle to remember!!! (Like the end boss battle of Lost CHapters!)

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:

I want Fable 3 now! NOW!

Hell. Fucking. Yes.
See you online. just one thing...can you hardwire the internet? The M$ router is costly.
I'm not going to play online. The 360 will be my offline console.

And I will only use it for exclusives. My PS3 is and forever will be my main console.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Logan Westbrook said:
Kingsley is also playing the character of Nizam in the Prince of Persia movie and appeared in Uwe Boll's Bloodrayne [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0383222/].

We try not to talk about that that last one.
Don't forget the Thunderbirds Movie.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I was crossing my fingers for Christoph Waltz when I clicked on this. Sorry, but I'm not sure who Ben Kingsley is. I haven't seen any of his movies or even heard of him. But hooray for those that do!

Crayzor

Aug 16, 2009
Why do game companies get famous people to voice parts in their games? And who is persuaded to buy a game based on who does the voices?

Onyx Oblivion

Sep 9, 2008
Hubilub said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:

I want Fable 3 now! NOW!

Hell. Fucking. Yes.
I'm not going to play online. The 360 will be my offline console.

And I will only use it for exclusives. My PS3 is and forever will be my main console.
But you'll miss the Arcade. Which has better downloadable games than the PSN Store, for the most part, at least. And you don't need a gold membership to use it.

Sajuuk-khar

Oct 31, 2009
Can I have a new Dungeon Keeper please mr. Molyneux (and mr. Riccitiello)?

Either way good news; first John Cleese, now Ben Kingsley. I was going to buy it anyways but still.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Ho who gives a sh- What?... Ben Kingsley?, Ben Mother Fucking Kingsley? as in the Rabbi from Lucky Number Seven? and Don Logan from Sexy Beast... shit yeah.

Hahaha in all seriousness Ben Kingsley is a shit hot actor (though he takes questionable roles in questionable movies) and I can't wait to see his performance in Fable 3.