iPad Gets Modded Into a High Tech Skateboard

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
iPad Gets Modded Into a High Tech Skateboard

[vimeo=11480457]

A couple of skaters found that the iPad [http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad] has more functions than Apple let on: it also doubles as a skateboard.

Smashing new technology outside of a Best Buy and videotaping it for YouTube has become so passé. The new way to abuse tech like the iPad is to absurdly turn it into something like a skateboard, which is exactly what pro skater Chad Knight and Fuel TV host Jeff King did.

They weren't easy on Apple's newest baby either. Holes were drilled, screws were implanted, and the iPad's screen broke the first time Knight stepped on it. Go figure.

Believe it or not, the iPad doesn't work very well as a skateboard due to its small size, but Knight and King were able to drop into a ramp successfully at least once. To add insult to injury, the iPad was then turned into a ramp extension - the "iExtension" - and demolished even more. Knight did spare Apple fanboys the anguish of watching it get completely stomped at the end, at least. These two fellows have found a much better way to annoy people that wait in line for hours to be the first to get Apple products or other technology, and at least they're doing it in the name of science.

Via: technabob [http://technabob.com/blog/2010/05/07/ipad-skateboard/]

neoman10

Big Brother
Sep 23, 2008
now that was an interesting thing to watch, but why did all that smoke come out when they drilled into it?

The answer is that Apple is planning on detonating these all at one and filling the earth's atmosphere with toxic gas

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
O.O My soul just died watching something so awesomely expensive defiled so much...

Why? WHY?

Calumon: It's just like Will It Blend... but more torturous! Nice video though.

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Hahaha turning the ipad into a skateboard is the last thing id ever expect to see someone do. God damn it makes me cringe though because i really want one and they have enough money to buy and destroy one so easily.

I can see app designers trying something like this though....

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
That was some pretty skilled riding... on a pretty expensive board.

ramox

Mar 11, 2010
As silly as it is to use the thing as skateboard...
i have yet to discover what the iPad is actually meant for.

Can someone enlighten me?

TheFacelessOne

Feb 13, 2009
Ah - an iPad put to good use.

Luckily for you, Microsoft's items don't need to be abused to be useful.

YOU HEAR THAT JOBS, HUH? HUH?

ramox

Mar 11, 2010
JimmyBassatti said:
ramox said:

The newest, high-tech body-armor for third world countries. For when a Life Jacket just doesn't cut it.

iKevlar/Pad
Thank you, now i understand the ridiculous price point of this...thing, sorta.

Only question remaining, what does a body armor need a hi-def touchscreen for?

GLo Jones

Activate the Swagger
Feb 13, 2010
ramox said:
JimmyBassatti said:
ramox said:

The newest, high-tech body-armor for third world countries. For when a Life Jacket just doesn't cut it.

iKevlar/Pad
Thank you, now i understand the ridiculous price point of this...thing, sorta.

Only question remaining, what does a body armor need a hi-def touchscreen for?
It's an Ipod with a bigger screen, for those with enormous pockets, and too much money.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
I feel like I'm repeating myself here, but...

Skating: Yet another thing you can use an iPad for, but which other products can do far better and cheaper! The list keeps on growing.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
O.O My soul just died watching something so awesomely expensive defiled so much...

Why? WHY?

Calumon: It's just like Will It Blend... but more torturous! Nice video though.
My heart sank as I watched..such a shame ;-:

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
I was expecting to see a skateboard with a touch screen, but destroying the iPad is much more amusing >:D