Rock Band Reaches Most Unholy Landmark

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Rock Band Reaches Most Unholy Landmark

The release of Jane's Addiction's Nothing's Shocking album on Rock Band commemorated a dark and grim milestone for the game: it now officially has 666 songs.

Rock Band's catalog has now officially entered the dark and fiery realm of the Southern Lord: as of now, it has a grand total of 666 songs. "That's a hell of a lot of songs," Alex Rigopulos of Harmonix said. "We owe much of the success of the Rock Band franchise to the Dark Lord. We couldn't have done it without you, buddy!"

Satan himself had something to say about this milestone. "This is a great day for music fans and gamers alike," said Lucifer, credited in the press release as "Chief Executive Officer and co-founder of Hell." He went on to praise Rock Band for including "some of the darkest and most brutal bands of all time, including Megadeth, Judas Priest, Testament and, of course, my personal favorite, The Naked Brothers Band."

Ironically, the album that pushed the catalog into its present unholy total wasn't a metal one at all. Jane's Addiction's Nothing's Shocking is far from uh, something by Jewel, but it's definitely not the kind of music to wear black robes and bite bats' heads off to. I mean, "Jane Says [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHLMAmrvFmI]." Come on.

In any case, Harmonix and MTV are reveling in the evil spectacle of this triumph. "This was completely coincidental, and totally f***ing awesome," they declared. I'm pretty sure they were planning this all along, but I'll throw up the horns to that.

(Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/rock-band-catalog-hits-most-metal-milestone-of-666-songs-m--130543.phtml])

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
I just posted to thank you for putting up that awesome Gustav Dore illustration. It rules!

Now I must take my leave before I start bitching about the Dante video game.

butterkniferampage

Feb 25, 2008
i hate rock band, don't know why, i'm good at it, i just don't like it how the songs on it become really popular, and when you hear it someone says, THIS IS FROM ROCK BAND!

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
Awesome, I'm all for throwing hail at Stan, or whatever it's called. Here's hoping the moral guardians don't throw a hissy fit over this one...

Smurfy 0151

Apr 8, 2009
butterkniferampage said:
i hate rock band, don't know why, i'm good at it, i just don't like it how the songs on it become really popular, and when you hear it someone says, THIS IS FROM ROCK BAND!
We are in the same boat, brother. I'm a fan of Rock Band, personally, but I can't stand hearing 'oh, that's from rock band' or 'I played that on guitar hero, it's so easy.' I might punch out the next 9 year-old who tries to convince me that they're going to be a rock star, cuz they 5 starred Welcome Home on Medium.

nova18

Feb 2, 2009
Give it 5 years and I reckon you will be able to do another story about Rock Bands 1 millionth song.
Or if that isnt newsworthy, how the Guitar Hero/ Rock Band cash cow has died of anorexia.
Milked too much, gettit?:)

Clashero

Aug 15, 2008
Probably fake. The Devil's favourite song is Yellow Submarine, but he's too embarassed to say it.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
xmetatr0nx said:
Damn, they missed out on a perfect opportunity to add Black Sabbath for the 666th song! No creativity there, minus points for you rock band.
Yeah, I know, really. Then again they said it was "accidental."

muse-13-bliss said:
they should put some more muse on rockband
No. There should be less Muse in the WORLD.

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
muse-13-bliss said:
Keane Ng said:
muse-13-bliss said:
half the people on the forums would like to brutalize you now :p
lol
MUSE ROCKS MAN!
I'm fully aware that I'm in the minority opinion among forumgoers seemingly across the ENTIRE internet when I say that Muse is complete garbage.

muse-13-bliss

Sep 6, 2008
Keane Ng said:
muse-13-bliss said:
Keane Ng said:
muse-13-bliss said:
half the people on the forums would like to brutalize you now :p
lol
MUSE ROCKS MAN!
I'm fully aware that I'm in the minority opinion among forumgoers seemingly across the ENTIRE internet when I say that Muse is complete garbage.
its good to stand up for your beliefs

im a conservative, again a massive minority (lol) on most foruming communities ive been part of
but i stand by my ideals..