Call of Duty: Black Ops Confirmed For Wii

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Call of Duty: Black Ops Confirmed For Wii

The next Call of Duty game is coming to Nintendo's console as well as its more powerful rivals.

If you're a Wii owner and you felt a little left out of the massive event that was Call of Duty: Black Ops [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74392] - has been confirmed for the machine, alongside the Xbox 360, PS3, and PC.

Treyarch has historically been better at supporting the Wii with its releases than Infinity Ward, so this news isn't a huge surprise, but it's good that Nintendo fans won't be left out in the cold this time.

Black Ops is set during the Cold War, and as the name suggests, casts players as Special Forces operatives on clandestine missions. According to Treyarch, the game will also have more than one main character, which could mean that we'd swap between the forces of the East and West while playing.

Black Ops is released on the November 9th.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/cod-black-ops-for-wii-confirmed]

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
Well I guess this is good news... sort of. I never liked FPS games on the Wii to be honest, and I've heard that World at War on the wii sucked mayor ass.

Still, good news to anyone looking forward to the game who doesn't have a 360, PS3 or PC

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Well, Red Steel 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy were fucking kick-ass with their motion controls. I hope it supports Wii Motion Plus. Even thought MPT didn't need it.

And World at War wasn't bad, either, from what I've seen. Haven't played that, though. But I have played the others, and they control perfectly.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Hubilub said:
and I've heard that World at War on the wii sucked mayor ass.
Actually...It was pretty damn good. And didn't suck any mayor's ass.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/callofdutyworldatwar

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Hubilub said:
and I've heard that World at War on the wii sucked mayor ass.
Actually...It was pretty damn good. And didn't suck any mayor's ass.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/callofdutyworldatwar
Hu. I need to switch sources.

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
I came into this thread and was annoyed to se Hubilubs galacticly annoying avatar flash at me. So I scroll down, and I get two from Onyx Oblivion, who has an at least equally annoying one, and another one from Hubilub... Usually when I see your avatars I just leave the thread, but since there was so many I just had to make a point of it...

And I think all shooters for Wii are rubbish. Actually, I rarely enjoy myself when playing with those silly Wii-motes Oo.

ENKC

May 3, 2010
I desparately want to make a lame joke relating to Black Ops and the new black Wii. Thankfully I have more pride than that.

So, can anyone say from first hand experience how well the Wii port of CoD 4 did or did not work? It sounded too ambitious for the hardware, but I've not played it myself.

XenoLair

Feb 24, 2010
Sweet, a good 3rd party title for the wii :) Im happy to hear this, I hope it supports the classic controller(pro) which will be even more awsome.

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Suki the Cat said:
I came into this thread and was annoyed to se Hubilubs galacticly annoying avatar flash at me. So I scroll down, and I get two from Onyx Oblivion, who has an at least equally annoying one, and another one from Hubilub... Usually when I see your avatars I just leave the thread, but since there was so many I just had to make a point of it...
What an odd thing to point out.

Or not. I'm not sure which one of us is the odd one out here.

I vote for Logan. His avatar isn't flashy at all.

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Suki the Cat said:
Hubilub said:
What an odd thing to point out.
I am indeed odd, but it doesn't change the fact that your avatar is annoying as hell XD.
Nonsense! It just hasn't fully grown on you yet!

Give it a day or two and you'll be laughing maniacally as you do my bidding, because by then you'll be my brainwashed slave I plan to use to conquer the world.

Now, for more important issues.

Candybar, anyone?

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Hubilub said:

Give it a day or two and you'll be laughing maniacally as you do my bidding, because by then you'll be my brainwashed slave I plan to use to conquer the world.

Candybar, anyone?
Uhm. Slave... Conquer world... Yeah, I'll have a candybar Oo. Snickers for me =3. Suki loves her Snickers^^.

Oh god, Suki is talking about herself in third person!

comadorcrack

The Master of Speilingz
Mar 19, 2009
Hubilub said:

Candybar, anyone?
I come on to this thread to read the news. And I get Candy.
Profit!

To be fair not surprised by this as it is treyarch who port their COD games. Infinity ward doesn't like to share with Nintendo

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
This could be interesting (the game rather then the fact its going to be on the Wii)

Cherry Cola

Jun 26, 2009
Suki the Cat said:
Hubilub said:

Candybar, anyone?
Uhm. Slave... Conquer world... Yeah, I'll have a candybar Oo. Snickers for me =3. Suki loves her Snickers^^.

Oh god, Suki is talking about herself in third person!
Suki has gone insane!

Hubilub, write this down! We could use it in the future!

Aye aye, Captain Hubilub!

Alright, my fellow Hubilubs! Let us set sail toward the island of pancakery!

*crawls across the floor towards the kitchen*

Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate!

Vampire cat

Apocalypse Meow
Apr 21, 2010
Hubilub said:
Suki has gone insane!

Hubilub, write this down! We could use it in the future!

Aye aye, Captain Hubilub!

Alright, my fellow Hubilubs! Let us set sail toward the island of pancakery!

*crawls across the floor towards the kitchen*

Do what you want 'cause a pirate is free, you are a pirate!
Clearly the sausage of truth is green... This nonsense reek of tarnished shrimp.

Your foolishness echos in my larynx. *throws banana at Hubilub*

You are not the only one capable of pancakery moniseur! *flys to safety in a cup of spam*

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, thats good for the Wii owenrs! No longer need to be left out!