EA Reveals Dead Space 2 for the PC

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
EA Reveals Dead Space 2 for the PC

Hold on to your rigs, kids: Dead Space 2 is coming to the PC.

I liked EA [http://www.gamefly.com/game/ps3/Dead-Space/132535/] has never actually said that it wouldn't release the game for the PC, just that it was currently focused on the 360 and PS3 versions. Theories of conspiracy took root in my brain!

What was actually being conspired never really became clear but it doesn't matter now, because EA and Dead Space Twitter [http://www.visceralgames.com/] feed confirmed it.

"Dead Space PC lovers can relax! Dead Space 2 is officially coming to PC," it said. "Sorry we couldn't talk about it before."

No idea why it was so hush-hush until now (and believe me, I've asked and been ignored a few times since February) but really, as long as the game is coming, who cares? Of course, if I find out I'll let you know; in the meantime, keep your eyes on deadspace.ea.com [http://deadspace.ea.com] for more information. Dead Space 2 for the PC (and everything else) is currently slated to come out in early 2011.

Cherry Cola

Your daddy, your Rock'n'Rolla
Jun 26, 2009
I hope they improve it. I have sources that tell me that the PC version sucked.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Andy Chalk said:
Hubilub said:
I think you need new sources.
The PC version was a fair port, but these days they do even less for the PC...and I can;t wait for them to roll out a new DRM for it.......

Sebenko

Dec 23, 2008
woo, I don't care. The first one was shit. The controls were worse than the Tomb Raider on the PSone.

Make it worth playing if you want my money.
Andy Chalk said:
Hubilub said:
Well I bought it and the controls were so bad I uninstalled it and returned it the next day. The list of games I've returned for being shit: Deadspace.
That's the whole list. That's how bad it was.

The PC version was awful.

JaymesFogarty

Aug 19, 2009
Sebenko said:
woo, I don't care. The first one was shit. The controls were worse than the Tomb Raider on the PSone.

Make it worth playing if you want my money.
Andy Chalk said:
Hubilub said:
Well I bought it and the controls were so bad I uninstalled it and returned it the next day. The list of games I've returned for being shit: Deadspace.
That's the whole list. That's how bad it was.

The PC version was awful.
Well, the PS3 version ranks in my top ten, so... sorry, EA really must have screwed your version over! Think of this as their attempt to get things right.

antidonkey

Dec 10, 2009
The menu system was the only thing that screamed "console port". The game itself worked quite well on the pc and I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Glad to see the 2nd one is coming to my platform of choice. Not that it matters now since I finally bit the bullet and got a ps3. Damn you, God of War.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Read that on the release report earlier, a little surprised by it, but, glad to see it getting the PC Treatment!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Sebenko said:
Well I bought it and the controls were so bad I uninstalled it and returned it the next day.
That's funny. I'm trying to imagine precision Necromorph slicing-and-dicing with a controller instead of a mouse, and it's just not working for me.
The PC version was awesome!
Yes indeed, it was!

;)

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Hubilub said:
It wasn't that bad.
There was only one level in the entire game that glitched up. And all you had to do to fix was to restart the game.

Other than that...
Well...

"PC gamers can relax..."
Umm...
Yeah, it is nice that a dev. isn't ignoring us completely, but I can't say that I was losing hair over whether or not Dead Space would have a PC port.

Aug 4, 2009
Yay...I guess. But what I'd like to ask is why some people are bad-mouthing the PC version of Dead Space 1? I mean I played it and it was fun, the controls were solid, the interface and menus were easy to navigate, the optimisation was proper, what was wrong?