Review: Dead to Rights: Retribution

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Review: Dead to Rights: Retribution

The only thing remarkable about Dead to Rights is how completely unremarkable it is.

Read Full Article

DrunkWithPower

Apr 17, 2009
The line "At least Army of Two" dropped all good expectations for this game. Then again, the thought of "run of the mill" was in my mind the entire time. Either way, good and fair review John.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Huh. Looks like they should have just taken out Jack and made the game about the dog.

BlueInkAlchemist

Ridiculously Awesome
Jun 4, 2008
Nice to see that the new Dead to Rights game is doing something original. Oh, wait, no, I mean the other thing.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well. Dosnt seem like much has changed. Shame really. Gad alot of hope for this...

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Sounds like you were a bit generous with the final score John, didn't expect to see more than 2 stars after reading your thoughts on it.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Hahaha, at first I thought the dog's fight against crime became personal because his father was murdered! Now that would have been remarkable.

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
HK_01 said:
Hahaha, at first I thought the dog's fight against crime became personal because his father was murdered! Now that would have been remarkable.
We need this game, now!

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Straying Bullet said:
*snip*
See this as a friendly suggestion or an ignorant remark and tell me to do better!
I'd like to see you do better!

OT: I knew it wouldn't be a bad game, but I knew it wouldn't be good, either. All the reviews pretty much say the same thing.

I smell a bargain bin game! This is gonna sink in price faster than No More Heroes 2. Which I already saw for $20. Okay, not THAT fast. But fast.

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
The original Dead to Rights was completely unremarkable in every way too! Yet somehow it was re-imagined. The mind boggles as to why!

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Looks like the kind of passably entertaining game you play while waiting for something good to get released. Fun, but nothing special.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Eagle Est1986 said:
Sounds like you were a bit generous with the final score John, didn't expect to see more than 2 stars after reading your thoughts on it.
It's not a *bad* game. It's competent in all respects. It's just generic as all hell.