WoW: Cataclysm Beta Opt-In Starts Now

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
WoW: Cataclysm Beta Opt-In Starts Now

Do you want to explore the shattered Azeroth of Cataclysm before anyone else? Now's your chance!

nothing short of fantastic [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/columns/view-from-the-road/7537-View-from-the-Road-The-WoW-Cataclysm-Cometh]. Now, if you want to hop in and play around in the world before anyone else as part of the game's beta test, you have two real options: One, you can work for a popular and acclaimed gamer lifestyle outlet (like, say ... this one *cough*), or you can try your luck with the beta opt-in.

"But John," you may ask, "How do you opt in?" I'm glad you asked! It's quite simple, Beta Profile Settings page [http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24702406285&sid=1] (the more the better; Blizzard probably wants to try Cataclysm on as wide a range of machines as possible), check the various ticker boxes of your choice, and you're good to go!

Now, we can't guarantee that you'll get in, but a shot at it is better than nothing, right? After all, Blizzard is "worgen real hard" to get the beta out the door soon!

That was terrible, Bornakk, just terrible. And yet, I still laughed.

(WoW Forums [http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=24702406285&sid=1])

VitusPrime

Sep 26, 2008
Hmm...I think even though I really wanna play cata, im going to wait till it comes out properly, make it much more worth while waiting.

Sir Kemper

Jan 21, 2010
Just when you thought WoW wasen't addicting enough....

Looks like some of the Escapist's here are going to be MIA for a long time.

I'm looking at you, Mr.Funk.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
They didn't take long. Well, good for all the WoW players!

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
John Funk said:
Now, we can't guarantee that you'll get in, but a shot at it is better than nothing, right? After all, Blizzard is "worgen real hard" to get the beta out the door soon!

Ah, that's not the worst worgen pun I've heard. Many people across the Internets are planning on naming their worgen characters 'Tracy Worgen', 'Dexter Worgen', and 'Worgen Freeman', whenever they get the chance. :p

That said, I'll definitely try and do this soon as I get the chance. I eagerly await being able to play with two new races, and being able to fly literally everywhere in Azeroth/Outland/Northrend is the best upcoming change I've ever heard of.

addeB

Oct 2, 2009
Awesome! :D
Btw, when I built my new computer for some months ago i got beta access to starcraft 2 ASAP, so I hope that the same thing will happen now :D

ionveau

Nov 22, 2009
hudsonzero said:
wow that was quick i was expecting a longer alpha
Meh...this is like 1/3th of a game the only thing they are adding is maps and 2 or 3 raids and moving some quests around,

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
ionveau said:
hudsonzero said:
wow that was quick i was expecting a longer alpha
Meh...this is like 1/3th of a game the only thing they are adding is maps and 2 or 3 raids and moving some quests around,
Er.

Methinks you... haven't been following this all that much, if that's all you think Cata is.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Cata took *more* work on the development side of things than either TBC or WotLK.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Sounds like a good a time as ever to start thinking about WoW again. Maybe it's time to roll my first ever Alliance toon? We shall see...

Kiithid

Aug 12, 2009
I wonder if said WoW profiles have to be active on the past few months, if yes damn there it goes my chance to see my pc crash and die (it's that old) else... yay I have a chance to annoy my friends who are looking greatly foward it.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
Come on, Blizzard. It's me, your old buddy. Remember when I first started playing with you? I was five years old! I've bought every single one of your games since then. Won't you please, please let me into the Closed Beta this time? Please?

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! I got all your games, and you only let me into a test realm once, and not even a beta so far, lemme in this time, chris!!!!!!!!

dochmbi

Sep 15, 2008
Not interested, I'd prefer to go into cata with as little info about it as possible, tyvm.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
The_Oracle said:
John Funk said:

Ah, that's not the worst worgen pun I've heard. Many people across the Internets are planning on naming their worgen characters 'Tracy Worgen', 'Dexter Worgen', and 'Worgen Freeman', whenever they get the chance. :p

That said, I'll definitely try and do this soon as I get the chance. I eagerly await being able to play with two new races, and being able to fly literally everywhere in Azeroth/Outland/Northrend is the best upcoming change I've ever heard of.
All those names and no-one's going with Christopher Worgen? (Ok, I know you'd have to cram it into 13 letters :D)

Sign me up tho. Already got 'PandoraShox' for my goblinette shammy, I do love poor pun names :)

Grike

May 2, 2010
Meh, I got into the BC beta when it came out, but was unfortunately barely able to get anywhere since I was leveling my Hunter. Probably gonna pass on this, wanna play Cata without Spoilers, but good luck to all of you who're looking to get in!