Does the Fable III Box Art Confirm a PC Version?

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Does the Fable III Box Art Confirm a PC Version?

Fable III could show up on PCs after all, judging by what is reportedly the game's leaked box art.

The image you see here is reportedly the the box art of some other games [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77444], that is.

How about up on the top, just right of center? The text there reads, "Only on Xbox 360 & Windows." This is particularly curious, because if you look at the Fable II box art, it says "Only on Xbox 360." This little snippet of text has many speculating that Peter Molyneux's latest venture into Albion will be finding its way to the PC platform instead of just consoles.

It's an interesting situation, to be sure: The first Fable was on the PC, but the second game was an Xbox 360 exclusive. Was the exclusivity, then, something that just didn't work out - which is why they've apparently gone multiplatform with the third installment? Given the similarities between coding for the Xbox 360 and Windows-based PCs, it does make sense to make your game available to a wider audience.

Of course, this isn't confirmed by any stretch of the matter. Fable III is still a few months away, and it's possible that the image you see here was just a mock-up that somebody threw together while forgetting to remove the "& Windows" bit. Fable III could well be a console exclusive after all.

VG247 contacted Microsoft [http://www.vg247.com/2010/05/14/please-stay-tuned-on-fable-iii-pc-says-microsoft/] on the matter, and was told that while no announcements had been made, to "please stay tuned." Stay tuned, hmm? Like, say... for a month from today at the Microsoft press event at E3?

(Via Videogamer [http://www.videogamer.com/news/fable_3_boxart_says_its_coming_to_pc_too.html])

luckshot

Jul 18, 2008
it took me a minute but i saw it. interesting, don't know which i would buy it for

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
Diagonal Horizontality said:
Isn't it going to be a Natal game?
How would that work on PC?
I believe they said natal would make its way to pc, but they could somehow remove the natal part.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Natal playability is going to be included in the game but from what I've heard the game is completely playable without it

I like this news, my 360 broke down and I'm unsure whether or not I want to get a new one in a few months when I can afford it, I already have a pretty good gaming pc so if a pc version is true I won't have any real need for another 360

SextusMaximus

Nightingale Assassin
May 20, 2009
Korten12 said:
I believe they said natal would make its way to pc, but they could somehow remove the natal part.
Here's our new project: "Project".

OT: Looking good, can't wait to buy!

Korten12

Now I want ma...!
Aug 26, 2009
SextusMaximus said:
Korten12 said:
Here's our new project: "Project".

OT: Looking good, can't wait to buy!

uhh... not trying to be insulting but was that supposed to be funny. :p

good attempt though.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
Oh wow I hope so. Never liked 1, loved 2, and, of course, 2 was the one I couldn't play once the xbox broke.

credop

Oct 8, 2008
I hope they keep it to xbox. It just wouldnt feel right on pc... i dont know why,

Calhoun347

Aug 25, 2009
Peter Molyneux you tease! I can only hope this is true. The mod scene for Fable one wasn't HUGE but it was still a lot of fun.

I felt betrayed when Fable 2 was 360 Exclusive.

But it's coming back maybe?

C.G.B.S

Dec 22, 2009
That gold shiny thing in the front which i am gonna assume is a police badge kinda makes it looks like a 17th century detective game.

AndyFromMonday

Feb 5, 2009
Don't get your panties all knotted up people! I'm pretty sure Lionhead will crush all of our dreams in a matter of days.

Calhoun347

Aug 25, 2009
Myk3yt said:
That gold shiny thing in the front which i am gonna assume is a police badge kinda makes it looks like a 17th century detective game.
I'm pretty sure it's a Crown, Though i can see how you might see that, if you saw the reflection as part of the object itself.

Asehujiko

Feb 25, 2008
There are these mystical things that Natal uses to communicate with the console it's hooked up to and they are called USB 2.0 ports. And like every single piece of hardware on consoles, the PC had those for years.

The Thief

Apr 24, 2008
That's cool. I had completely written off Fable III since Fable II decided to shun my platform of choice; I thought it would surely follow suit. If this rumor isn't bunk I may have to start looking forward to revisiting Albion... and start setting aside some currency to afford doing so.

Also, if it does actually make its way to the PC, I hope they include proper gamepad support this time. I didn't mind playing Fable: TLC with a mouse and keyboard, but I prefer using a gamepad for this type of game.

C.G.B.S

Dec 22, 2009
Calhoun347 said:
Myk3yt said:
I'm pretty sure it's a Crown, Though i can see how you might see that, if you saw the reflection as part of the object itself.
Damm i see it now. My heart just sank a little.