Phoenix Wright Creator Returns With Ghost Trick

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Phoenix Wright Creator Returns With Ghost Trick

If you love quirky DS mystery games, Ghost Trick might be the title for you.

Capcom's Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77743] series. Players don't experience the life of a yelling lawyer this time, but instead go through the trials and tribulations of a ghost trying to regain his memories.

Ghost Trick for the Nintendo DS [http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-DS-Lite-Cobalt-Black/dp/B001290A3U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276706312&sr=1-1] begins with Sissel, the game's main character, dying with his butt up in the air. It's true, watch the new trailer. Nobody knows why people die like this in Japan. He becomes an amnesiac spirit that wants his memories back, and he does it by saving innocent victims from untimely deaths by visiting them four minutes before they're killed.

To help these doomed people, Sissel possesses real world objects such as a wheeled cart or an attic door to solve logic puzzles. He's a bit under the gun though, because when dawn hits Sissel's soul will disappear forever.

Ghost Trick is billed as a text/puzzle adventure with over a dozen chapters. I'm a sucker for weird games, mysteries, and unique gameplay, which look to be all wrapped up in Ghost Trick along with a smooth graphical style. Ghost Trick is currently scheduled for release in Winter.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Interesting Idea, although I must say I have never played Ace Attorney. My friend keeps badgering me about it though so I may have to get it one day.

Could this game be more popular if the Protagonist had a catch phrase like OBJECTION!? Possibly.

Gigaguy64

Special Zero Unit
Apr 22, 2009
This really looks cool!

I remember seeing an add for this in a issue of Nintendo Power.

I think ill get it, and i really want to put the hurt on that woman.

*turns green*
GIGA ANGRY!
GREAHHHHHHHH!

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
It certainly sounds like a phoenix wright game with the music and sound effects. I really like the look of it, too, the trick idea especially. I'll be keeping my eye on this.

sougo13

Sep 11, 2009
The music and the typewritter bring me right back to the Phoenix Wright games...

And that's a good thing!

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
pretty much my only problem with this game so far is that it wont be released till next winter, it looks really cool

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, ceretainly a very distinct change. Frm the courtroom, to the surreal...quite a change

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/173654

Funny, almost the exact same game appeared on Newgrounds in 2004. It was called Dead Case and you played as a ghost trying to solve the mystery of your own death by manipulating items. It was actually pretty good.

koops

Mar 17, 2009
If you watch some of the other trailers on youtube you can see that phoenix wright makes a cameo in this.