Rumor: HD Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Coming In 2011

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Rumor: HD Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Coming In 2011

Rumor has it that Team Ico's last-generation masterpieces Ico and Shadow of the Colossus will be making their way to the HD life on Blu-Ray early next year.

If you were to ask one of the sixteen people on the planet who played 2001's Shadow of the Colossus [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=16438] - were goddamn masterpieces of the last generation. And you know what? They'd be absolutely right.

So even if the rumor that Fumito Ueda's last-generation gems would be given an HD upgrade and released on Blu-Ray as Team Ico Collection in Q1 2011 [http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2010/05/26/team-ico-collection-q1-2011/] isn't true, I'm going to just sit here and cross my fingers that it is. I would buy this in half a heartbeat, people.

If true, it could signal Sony trying to take the same approach with Team Ico's upcoming God of War III [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75119]: Release the first two games in shiny modern(ish) glory to get fans pumped for the third.

I'm not going to complain. I'm really, really not.

AngryMongoose

Elite Member
Jan 18, 2010
My brother owns both those games. If I knew where the hell they were and my PS2 weren't dead, I'd totally play them.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Well I missed the Ico and SotC boats, but I did watch my friend play SotC while at Uni and Hell YES I would buy the shiny versions to get a chance to appreciate these things!

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
If they do upgrade it to HD, my first hope is that they fix the framerate of both games.

I'll certainly be buying them eventhough I have the original copies.

Plinglebob

Team Stupid-Face
Nov 11, 2008
I got both when they were released, but I could never get into Ico. However, SotC was a thing of beauty and the idea of playing it in HD gives me very happy thoughts.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I would love to see HD versions if this epic series! So worth investing!

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
I never got to finish Ico, I borrowed it from my mate and I went looking for it in stores (I had no credit card then) after he took it back. But alas, twas no-where to be seen.

I'd pick this up if only to see how it ended, but with HD Shadow of Colossus too I now no longer fear my Phat PS3 breaking and having to buy a non-backwards compatible Slim.

Hhhmmm...come to think of it...now they don't have to worry about backwards compatibility they can do this with almost any games and not just notice an upsurge in people buying the original version second hand...touché Sony...

UnSeEn60

Nov 20, 2009
FANTASTIC! I never got a chance to play Ico (it's mucho expensivo now), but SotC was orgasmic. Also looking forward to their new project :)

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
If this is true, I just hope that they don't do what they did with God of War and release the first two after the third is already out. I would like to play Ico and Shadow of the Colossus before The Last Guardian comes out preferably.

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
I currently enjoy playing Ico with my girlfriend and SotC with my girlfriend's brother.
They're fantastic games which with the right amount of HD polish could be made extra-special-awesome-sexy.

Dorkmaster Flek

Mar 13, 2008
SotC in HD with smoothed framerate a la GoW Collection? Slap my ass and call me a *****, I would buy that in a fraction of a heartbeat!

Apr 28, 2008
Its a shame those two games didn't sell more copies.

But yeah, I'll buy them again. Taking down those massive beasts in Shadow of the Colossus is just nothing like you've ever experienced before.

sougo13

Sep 11, 2009
I really hope that they do release them so that I can finally know what's all the fuss is about.