Kane & Lynch Movie Needs a New Director

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Kane & Lynch Movie Needs a New Director

Only two months before production is scheduled to begin, the studio behind the Kane & Lynch [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0968747/] movie is casting around for a new director.

Millennium Films [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0186426/] said "it wasn't working out" between Crane and the studio, but the specifics behind his departure are unknown.

Whatever the reason, the movie is scheduled to begin production in August, so the studio is hustling to find a replacement. Crossing Over [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0336620/], is reportedly in talks to take over.

Does it matter? This looks like a fairly by-the-numbers summer action flick to me, not the sort of thing that requires any particular artistic vision beyond the ability to make stuff blow up real good. The fact that it would have been Crane's first time in the big chair, according to IMDB, speaks volumes: This movie doesn't need someone good, it just needs someone.

Cameron Baxter

Jan 24, 2010
why jamie foxx that doesn't make much sense to me especially as lynch is white, i just hope this movie is watchable i don't think it will be the hit of the century anyway,.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Terminator 3, Troy, X-Men: The Last Stand and Quantum of Solace

Decent, shit, utter shit.

Be Cool and Law Abiding Citizen

Great, good.

I'd say, improvement with directors.

But since he turned it down...

We're left with...

The Cooler, Running Scared and Crossing Over

Never heard of, never heard of, never heard of

PHOENIXRIDER57

Mar 2, 2010
Jamie Foxx? Why?
I agree with the statement: it just needs someone. I liked the game and will go see it regardless of who directs it.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Still going to be such a bad idea...It just, wont work.

theamazingbean

Dec 29, 2009
Alternatively, Kane & Lynch movie needs to not exist. Kane & Lynch is already too much like a cheesy action movie to begin with, so what does the translation to movie hope to achieve? In keeping with my new policy on serial numbers, I am renaming this project 'Generic Action Movie #5379'.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
I'm okay with Bruce Willis, but, Jamie Foxx? JAMIE FUCKING FOXX?! But...but...he's...*facepalm*

Also, I don't see why they're even making a Kayne and Lynch movie. The game were never that good to begin with.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Puddle Jumper said:
Kane & Lynch needs a new Lynch. That's all i'm saying.
I hope you mean Jamie Fox...

Not saying he's a bad actor. I'm just saying he doesn't need to stoop to this level.

This movie looks like Crank with less plot. On that note, why not get Jason "will-badass-for-food" Stathem on the project? Hell, put him in the director's chair too and save the extra money that a warm body would cost.

Gladion

Jan 19, 2009
WanderFreak said:
The fact that the would-be first time director left the project says even more.
No, that says nothing at all.

The Gentleman said:
This movie looks like Crank with less plot. On that note, why not get Jason "will-badass-for-food" Stathem on the project? Hell, put him in the director's chair too and save the extra money that a warm body would cost.
I hope you don't just base this statement on the fucking poster, do you?

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Wait a minute? Jamie Foxx signed on to play Lynch? I was all for Bruce Willis being Kane, but Foxx doesn't even look like Lynch. Plus, I just feel he won't be able to play the psychopathic, pill addicticed, trigger happy killer that Lynch is.
[Kira Must Die said:
]I'm okay with Bruce Willis, but, Jamie Foxx? JAMIE FUCKING FOXX?! But...but...he's...*facepalm*

Also, I don't see why they're even making a Kayne and Lynch movie. The game were never that good to begin with.
While playing it with my Brother, I felt the storyline would have been better had it been done in a shorter interval. Say what you want about the gameplay, but I actually liked the story of it and I feel like this movie does have potential if the writers don't screw this up.

Tireseas_v1legacy

Plop plop plop
Sep 28, 2009
Gladion said:
WanderFreak said:

The Gentleman said:
No, I based that on my experiences with the first game, which was fairly unremarkable in my opinion (the second one is looking decent though).

Also, Director-Actors are not uncommon and it would be nice to see Mr. Stathem have a back-up plan so he doesn't end up like Stephen Segal and Jean Claude Van Damn doing everything short of sucking c--k to make a paycheck.

Let's be honest for a moment: We don't exactly have high hopes for this movie. Yes, Prince of Persia worked, but Moviebob's point that it felt anti-climatic is probably due to the fact that we know that video-game movies are going to need more than a few sucesses to break that chain of failure.

BrokenIcon

Oh look, it's me again.
Sep 11, 2008
Gladion said:
WanderFreak said:

The Gentleman said:
Yet, some of his statement is true. I think Statham would play an excellent Lynch.

Dectilon

Sep 20, 2007
I don't really care if they feel they need to diversify the cast, but the most important part of Lynch's character is that he's completely FUBAR, body and mind. I have a hard time seeing Foxx pulling that one off.