Rockstar Pulls Out of E3

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Rockstar Pulls Out of E3

E3 is coming but it'll be a little lighter than expected this year as Rockstar [http://www.rockstargames.com/] says it's pulling out and it's taking its super-secret new game announcement with it.

The L.A. Noire [http://www.e3expo.com/] for the show, has said that it will show them off during "dedicated press rounds at its headquarters" instead.

"In the end, we feel we simply don't have enough time to show as much as we would like in the time available," a Rockstar spokesperson told CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=249017].

A much-rumored reveal of a new Rockstar game at the show, perhaps Grand Theft Auto V or the PS3 exclusive VG247 [http://www.rockstargames.com/agent/]), who tweeted, "And Rockstar have pulled their E3 game launch. Oopsie."

The smart money, at least as far as internet rumors go, is (or was) on a new GTA game: Gamereactor [http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/3882/Grand+Theft+Auto+V+at+E3%3F/] was sent a "screen capture" of a partial E3 exhibitors list, which included a listing for something called "Grand Theft Auto V: Vice." Of course, faked images aren't exactly an uncommon phenomenon in the tubes and the site expressed serious reservations about its authenticity. But hey, fake evidence is better (or at least more fun) than no evidence at all, right?

E3 2010 runs from June 15-17 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
it will show them off during "dedicated press rounds at its headquarters" instead.
They're probably scared they'll show another glitch-fest like Red Dead. "Dedicated" press journalists usually suck up enough not to mention any short comings when they get a demo, unlike the gaming public, which create hilarious internet videos. Way to go Rockstar.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Brotherofwill said:
Andy Chalk said:
it will show them off during "dedicated press rounds at its headquarters" instead.
They're probably scared they'll show another glitch-fest like Red Dead. "Dedicated" press journalists usually suck up enough not to mention any short comings when they get a demo, unlike the gaming public, which create hilarious internet videos. Way to go Rockstar.

That donkey thing MUST be intentional!

Strategia

za Rodina, tovarishchii
Mar 21, 2008
Andy Chalk said:
The smart money, at least as far as internet rumors go, is (or was) on a new GTA game: Gamereactor [http://www.gamereactor.eu/news/3882/Grand+Theft+Auto+V+at+E3%3F/] was sent a "screen capture" of a partial E3 exhibitors list, which included a listing for something called "Grand Theft Auto V: Vice."
Please let this be true. Please let this be true. Please let this be true. In the name of all that is good and evil, please let this be true.

spinFX

Aug 18, 2008
Brotherofwill said:
Andy Chalk said:

I experienced no glitches during my ENTIRE playthrough of RDR. And I must say I am no Rockstar fanboy, I HATED GTA4. I even found RDR a bit boring and repetitive, but I saw no glitches. I think it is has been over exaggerated (the amount of glitches).

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
If I was going to E3 I'd be gutted, being something of a Rockstar fan (minus GTA IV) that would be were I'd be spending a lot of my time.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
NO! Not another Vice City. I wanna revisit London! Hell, why not start one in Australia?

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
NO! Not another Vice City. I wanna revisit London! Hell, why not start one in Australia?
Because then you would have to shoot not only other gangsters, but also spiders and snakes.

Nightfalke

Just this guy, you know?
Sep 10, 2008
ForgottenPr0digy said:
Rockstar also didn't pull out..........................of that girl last night either

OH SNAP
Damnit. You beat me to it. Well, let's hope that Rockstar just ran her over with the car to get the money back.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Onyx Oblivion said:
Why not have one in the Midlands while we're at it! Little bit of Birmingham there, and some *Insert Jack's Hometown here* there and bingo bango, we have ourselves a GTA game.

Calumon: Doesn't mean it'd be good. Also, as long as Rockstar isn't there, that means more focus on LittleBIGplanet 2, Fallout, and all the other cool stuff there!

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
meh one less company to compete with on the Show floor. Maybe the lesser companies will get more coverage :D

AMMO Kid

Jan 2, 2009
Yay! After all their releases in the past years it's time to give some other companies the spotlight. Go Rockstar :)

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Now that sucks...well, there goes one thing I was looking forwad with on E3

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:
Why not have one in the Midlands while we're at it! Little bit of Birmingham there, and some *Insert Jack's Hometown here* there and bingo bango, we have ourselves a GTA game.
Would play GTA: Black Country if it was set in the seventies and was mostly about Slade.

Hobo Joe

Aug 4, 2009
I hate every one of you posting bad things about RDR, I actually thought it looked awesome, but now my hopes have been dashed. :'(

I may still get it though. :p