Anime Review: Soul Eater, Vol. 2

KValentine

Mar 4, 2009
Anime Review: Soul Eater, Vol. 2

Despite some clunky storytelling, the students at Hogwarts DWMA deliver a solid second act.

Read Full Article

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Glad to see not being dissapointed with the second act. I'll need to pick it up

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
I enjoyed Soul Eater manga, but it was always so long... every chapter about 50 pages, and it's action wasn't as interesting as Fullmetal Alchemist. Guess I'll pick up the anime version, watch till the end and resume with the manga.

Btw, you gonna do Fairy Tail sometime soon? xd

Chrono212

Fluttershy has a mean K:DR
May 19, 2009
Since when did we have an Anime reviewer?

Cool none the less...

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Yay! The Anime reviews are back! ^^

Calumon: Now we can work on our Guest Reviews! ^^

Jack: Also, the review seemed fair and just, but Soul Eater does seem to have an almost cult following. Hard to ignore that fact.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
ending was poo! overall anime was good to watch at least once. Not something id rewatch.

Op and Ed for both seasons are most excellent tho :D (tho i like j-pop/j-rock :p)

Mstrswrd

Always playing Touhou. Always.
Mar 2, 2008
Abedeus said:
I enjoyed Soul Eater manga, but it was always so long... every chapter about 50 pages, and it's action wasn't as interesting as Fullmetal Alchemist. Guess I'll pick up the anime version, watch till the end and resume with the manga.

Btw, you gonna do Fairy Tail sometime soon? xd
The anime version deviates from the Manga's plot at around episode 24 or so, but both are enjoyable.

Though the Manga is better.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
DWMA? So that's what they went with in the english dubbing eh? I think just sticking with Shibusen would have been just fine....also probably would have helped with any lip synching problems. (Yeah I'm aware that's probably what it means when translated over, but it sounds much less stupid)

I didn't realize it had ever been released in the US, I'll have to keep an eye out the next time I'm at best buy.(for the japanese audio tracks of course...english dubbing will probably make my ears bleed) By the way, if anyone reading this haven't been keeping up with FMA: Brotherhood, or have never heard about FMA. Stop whatever you're doing and go...go naugh! to the Funimation website and catch the hell up with the series! (albeit they're a week behind the fansubbers in episodes but it's faster than waiting on a dl of the past 59 episodes) I await a box set of Brotherhood eagerly, even though I've already seen some of the english dubs on [AS] and admittedly they don't hold up as well to the first series' dubs. Still, funimation did an amazing job picking their voice actors....hmm I'm gonna have to build a new shelf for these box sets...

Also, it really doesn't appear very clever or particularly funny to keep equating it to Harry Potter in your review. All it does is make it appear you spent your entire time watching the show looking for the similarities and not really watching it.(it also caused me to stop reading once I hit the second paragraph)

acosn

Sep 11, 2008
Soul Eater is a great anime, but the ending is atrocious.

What you have to remember is that they were tying up an anime that follows a manga that actually is still, to this day, running and that they were basically finding a way to tie up all the plot lines and give the anime a succinct ending. It worked, but that's like saying a Yugo will drive.