Question of the Day, June 3, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, June 3, 2010

Now that Guillermo Del Toro has stepped down, it seems that Peter Jackson might be directing The Hobbit after all. If it's not him, who would you like to see direct The Hobbit?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Ron Howard.

Sure, he has nothing to do with us nerds, but he's still fantastic.

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
Well though I think Peter Jackson should do it, if not, then Steven Spielberg seems the best choice.

uppitycracker

Oct 9, 2008
I put tim burton, because I don't really care about the movie and love what tim burton USED to do. but it doesn't look like it took my vote....

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Anyone other than James Cameron.
He'd probably try and sneak an orc sex scene in there...and their hair will become reproductive organs.
*Shudder*

Oooh! Look at the pretty 3D grass!

Sennz0r

May 25, 2008
PurpleLeafRave said:
Anyone other than James Cameron.
He'd probably try and sneak an orc sex scene in there...and their hair will become reproductive organs.
*Shudder*

Oooh! Look at the pretty 3D grass!
That's... a strange generalisation of what you think Cameron's style of shooting a film is.

Cameron would be cool, but I went with Steven Spielberg.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Come on guys say it with me

Mi-Chael-Bay Mi-Chael-Bay!

...No? No-one with me? THANK FUCK FOR THAT!

Cameron because he will hopefully stay true to th ecore material and give us a charming, witty Fairytale with some dark notes (which is why this shoul be Del Toros baby!).

Oh well as long as It doesnt go overkill I think I'll deal with whoever gets it

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
Oooh, I know... nobody!

Seriously, why can't anything just remain a book nowadays? I already didn't like LotR, and I certainly don't need this movie.

erbkaiser

Romanorum Imperator
Jun 20, 2009
Guillermo del Toro or Peter Jackson.

Certainly not anyone from this list -- although a Tim Burton movie would be awesome, it would not be true to the book.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
McG. He's had experience taking a popular film franchise by an Academy Award winning director and making it his own.

Nivag the Owl

Owl of Hyper-Intelligence
Oct 29, 2008
EEEWWWW Tim Burton would make me cringe, and that's BEFORE considering that Biblo would be 100% likely to be played by Johnny Depp.

Proteus214

Game Developer
Jul 31, 2009
Honestly I would go with Guierrmo del Torro (I doubt I spelled that right). Also, why the hell is David Lynch an option?!

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Rainboq said:
Peter Jackson, end of f*ckin' story.
joshuaayt said:
You kinda left out Peter Jackson. Him.
notsosavagemessiah said:
peter jackson? it only makes sense.
Gotta read the question guys :)

Ill go with Cameron. Spielberg has way of....changing things that I don't approve of. (Not that I don't like his films, I do.)