Secret Assassin's Creed Projects in the Works?

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Secret Assassin's Creed Projects in the Works?

Assassin's Creed is branching out of games and exploring the world of comics, as well as another super-secret project.

Chances are good that Eisner award nominee comic book writer/artist Cameron Stewart and artist Karl Kerschl are working on an Assassin's Creed comic book. A "slip" on Twitter [http://twitter.com/cameronMstewart/status/15268675826] revealed the @UbiWorkshop [http://twitter.com/ubiworkshop] feed and a secret project the pair were working on. Then, later on in a post on his blog, Stewart said that he was working on "an upcoming new comic series based on an immensely popular property".

Even more interestingly, nearly a full day later, the @UbiWorkshop account threw out a link to a site [http://www.ubiworkshop.com/] with the artwork you see to your right, which was done by the artist Gabz [http://www.iamgabz.com/]. This piece, is not to do with the Cameron/Kerschl project, and is something totally different.

So we have two projects, both with artists attached and a brand new Twitter feed to follow. Nothing has been confirmed yet, and it's possible that Cameron and Kerschl are working on a Ubisoft property other than Assassin's Creed, but the only way to know for sure is to keep watching the tweets.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5554447/egyptian-assassins-and-other-ubiworkshop-teases]

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Well, a Comic book is fine I guess since a game wouldn't work. You can't free run in Deserts.

Calumon: What is that vulture going to do to that man?

EDIT:

Calumon: Okay... what's that Eagle going to do to that man?

LavaLampBamboo

King of Okay
Jun 27, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:
Well, a Comic book is fine I guess since a game wouldn't work. You can't free run in Deserts.

Surely in deserts, you can run as free as you want =)

And Calumon, I think that's a eagle... A CRAZY EAGLE!

jpakaferrari

Nov 9, 2009
That's a bald eagle.
Jack and Calumon said:

That's a bald eagle...

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:

Umm don't know about Deserts, but Cairo was(is) a beautiful city, which would very much fit into the free roaming game.

A game set in egypt would be sick.

Apr 28, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:

But I wanted to scale the Pyramids D:

OT: Sounds interesting. Looks like it could be in Egypt, and I've always found deserts interesting for some reason.

Hopefully the material doesn't dry up!

>.>
<.<

I'll leave now...

Marik2

Phone Poster
Nov 10, 2009
Well it could work since in Egypt you need to have a hoodie to cover yourself from the sun. :p

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
An Egyptian Assassin's Creed?

Weren't people wanting a cool futuristic game after the first one, and instead they just got another throwback to the past?

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
if theres a comic, i'm guessing a pretty crap anime would be in the works too.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Further into the past and closer to eden. Isn't Enoch (the land Caine lived) supposed to be near egypt?

ZeoAssassin

Sep 16, 2009
i don't know, i get a more modern-Egypt vibe from that artwork. not ancient Eygpt. But it would make a TON of sense for the next AC to take place there considering what happens in the end of AC2

[spoiler/] the whole "those who came before" probably helped build the pyramids and are one of the other "temples made by those who turned away from war" or something like that. [/spoiler]

Tharwen

Ep. VI: Return of the turret
May 7, 2009
That looks more Prince of Persia-y to me. Still, when has Assassin's Creed not had pseudo-secrecy?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Will be intresting to see what will come of this. I certainly wouldnt be against a comic, thats for sure

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Immensely popular? I wouldn't call AC that. Quite popular, maybe. Rather popular. Immensely? That's Mario popular.

...they'll be doing a Rayman comic! Oh man!

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
ilion said:
Maybe a game about those ancient assassins in AC2?
I Imagine they will elaborate on those, in the form of spin-off games or comics or webisodes or somthing. I can't recal but wasn't the Egyptian assassin in the tomb a female? I would say with the main series they will keep heading forward through time.

OT: Nice artwork. I don't really mind what it means. I'm sure a new game will be good no matter where it is set. A comic might be cool too. It'll brob be a comic though, I doubt they would have artwork like that for a game. last time they had a CGI Ezio first if I recall correctly