Question of the Day, June 4, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, June 4, 2010

Thundercats may be soon returning to your friendly neighborhood cartoon TV station. Who was your favorite character?

Eliam_Dar

Nov 25, 2009
Lion-o, because, well, his name is similar to mine, so when I was a kid it was cool to tell people about that

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Never watched it, on account of not knowing about it till about two years ago.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Lion-O! Because he was the epitomy of epic and cool in my childhood!

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Guess what? It's Snarf. I have never watched an episode of Thundercats (I was born just a little too late and was too busy watching new shows to watch reruns) so I have no opinion on the good characters. But seeing everyone coming together to hate Snarf makes me feel for the little cretin, whether or not he deserves it. Snarf.

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Yes I put Snarf, why you ask? Because I want to show you all the meaning of the word pain.

In fairness I didn't watch thundercats all that often, I was far to busy in my life watching Transformers. I mean, I already had a cat at home, did I really need to watch them on a screen?

Xspyhunter24

Oct 25, 2009
Tygra and Panthro FTW! They are so badass I wish I was them. I mean look at Tygra's hair. And nobody likes Snarf >_> He's soooo stupid. He's like the spongebob of back then.

Jamash

Top Todger
Jun 25, 2008
Tygra was my favourite Thundercat, and apart from Mumm-Ra, Hammerhand and the Beserkers were my favourite villains, but my favourite person associated with Thundercats is Bernard Hoffer, the composer of all the brilliant Jazz music used in the series.

I hope they retain Hoffer's original compositions in the remake, because that music is one of the things which made Thundercats so great.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
AvsJoe said:
Guess what? It's Snarf. I have never watched an episode of Thundercats (I was born just a little too late and was too busy watching new shows to watch reruns) so I have no opinion on the good characters. But seeing everyone coming together to hate Snarf makes me feel for the little cretin, whether or not he deserves it. Snarf.
This.

I just randomly say 'Snarf' when a conversation seems to be tailing off. I also don't want to see Snarf, as I feel that might turn me against him.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I was too young to really... appreciate Cheetara so my favorite when I was a kid was Panthro. He was badass.

Billion Backs

Apr 20, 2010
I picked Snarf, snarf snarf.

Although I've never watched those shows. I didn't like it much as a kid, I started seeing many flaws in fiction at a very early age because I was very trope-literate. Of course, I love fiction, but certain types, especially in that kind of cartoon, some kind of lame superhero fiction (I guess it still applies in this case) with little realism just annoys me.

Although nowadays I watch those old cartoons, if only to laugh at them. I stayed up until 2 AM last night, watching old Superfriends and one of the early spiderman cartoons. It's fucking hilarious, for all the wrong reasons.

Nojh

Occipital Ostritch
Aug 10, 2009
Seriously guys? Snarf? I mean as comic relief goes he was awesome. But Panthro had the brains, tech, and the kick ass nun-chucks.