Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Hits the Tubes

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 Trailer Hits the Tubes

It's Friday and that means it's finally time for the big Deus Ex 3 reveal: A brand-new extended cinematic trailer that is holy jeepers hot!

WBIE [http://www.eidosmontreal.com/] should take note: This is how it's done.

The new game takes place in 2027, putting 25 years ahead of the original Deus Ex [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deus_Ex_%28video_game%29], the classic PC game that came out in 2000. "It's a time of great innovation and technological advancement," intones Adam Jensen, the game's central character. "It's also a time of chaos and conspiracy."

The trailer doesn't show off any gameplay video but the cinematic quality is absolutely astounding. As my colleague Mr. Westbrook [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/view/Logan%20Westbrook] pointed out, it sets the bar awfully high for the game itself, but if the Eidos Montreal team can pull it off then we're in for a big treat indeed. Deus Ex: Human Revolution is slated to come out in early 2011 for the PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Wow...
Despite my misgivings after only being able to play Invisible War (which I hated), this trailer alone has convinced me to pick this game up.

Its not often that trailers convince me to do anything.

I also think its worth noting that the main character's voice left me expecting the protagonist to utter sentences involving either "Meanwhile City" or "Rorscach's Journal".

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Very Epic. I hope the gameplay will be in following of this awesome-sauce!

Hashbrick

Mar 20, 2009
TheDoctor455 said:
Wow...
Despite my misgivings after only being able to play Invisible War (which I hated), this trailer alone has convinced me to pick this game up.

Its not often that trailers convince me to do anything.

I also think its worth noting that the main character's voice left me expecting the protagonist to utter sentences involving either "Meanwhile City" or "Rorscach's Journal".
Don't feel bad Invisible War wasn't one I enjoyed either, but this... with squareenix video production and the story they got wound tight around this title. Epic is all I can utter as my mouth stays agape...

Pandalisk

Jan 25, 2009
Now this looks good, i never got into Deus Ex but this looks like somthing i'd like.

also that arm of his is crazy and an interesting look into the future

The Root Beer Guy

Apr 1, 2010
This must have been rather expensive to make...but I'm glad. It shows that they actually care about the license.

This has to be one of the best trailers in a long time. It might not show any game play, but almost everything about it -especially the music- hits the tone of Deus Ex perfectly. For the love of God Square, please do not screw this up.

StriderShinryu

Dec 8, 2009
Already posted this.. but I guess that's how it goes with the "official sources." hehe

Either way, it looks damn amazing and the music is even better. I still want to see the actual gameplay, of course, but even if the gameplay sucks I'll just watch this trailer over and over again.

elricik

Nov 1, 2008
I thought I read somewhere that this Deus Ex would take place BEFORE the first one? Anyway I hope they don't screw this up, Deus Ex is still one of my favorite games of all time. Deus Ex the invisible war wasn't half bad either.

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
awesome. Such a shame its a trailer for a game, & thus not in the least bit reflective of the actual product.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
It's nice to see a little pre-rendered action every once and a while.

It reminds you how fucking awesome CGI can look.

MellowFellow

Feb 14, 2010
That trailer was awesome, I am now very interested in this game. Also the main character's voice sounding like Christian Bale to me, or at least it reminded me of him.

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Anyone else catch the line at the end? "You'll never find him."

Bet I know who "him" is.

I actually enjoyed Invisible War. It was clearly inferior to the original but certainly not a bad game in it's own right. Or so I thought anyway. Regardless, this looks pretty swank.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
This looks like it could be really great.
Though early 2011 is about the time ME3 comes out...
Looks like it's going to have some great releases, and not a lot of work is going to get done around then either I think.

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
*Represses excitement*
Looks interesting. Disappointed there's no gameplay footage, but what can you expect from a Squeenix trailer?
It's nice that they've set it in Detroit, though I doubt any of the developers have ever been here so I shouldn't expect to look for any landmarks. Also, am I the only one who finds it odd that the technology of 2027 looks vastly superior to the technology of 2052, the time of the original "Deus Ex?" Is this game suffering from "Star Wars prequel technology syndrome?"

*Excitement resurfaces*
You'd better not screw this one up like you did Deus Ex 2!