Question of the Day, June 6, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, June 6, 2010

The Tin Man finally has his own movie - and its Steampunk, to boot. What other Wizard of Oz character deserves his or her own movie? What kind of movie would it be?

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
I'd say The Cowardly Lion.

[stupid tagline] He's a lion... And he's cowardly. [/stupid tagline]

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
The munchkins, obviously, it would be about a factory they all work in, it would make sweets and it would be called Willy Wo- wait a second. Okay then, it would be about them wearing funny outfits, and they would be blue, and it would be for children, we would call it the smu- god damnit, people keep stealing my good ideas!

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
I would say the Wicked Witch, sort of like an origin story musical (sort of like Wicked, in that regard).

But then again, maybe the mystery is for the best. If we knew everything about the world in which a movie took place, it removes the allure and makes it less interesting (you can't argue the Force in Star Wars wasn't more interesting before Episode Suck (Episode 1) explained it).

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
I would like to hear about the scarecrow like how he came into existence, probably after that would be the cowardly lion

DragonChi

Nov 1, 2008
so uh...no tin man? that would have been my choice. im interested in knowing how he came to be.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Furburt said:
Wicked Witch of the West.

Origin story, anyone?
They kind of already made a play, it was all over the UK and the US, it was called wicked and portrayed her as some kind of high school outcast who was run down by the good witch.

Since tin man has been done, I suppose the only other one worth doing is the scarecrow, although I think it's all good with just the one.

Ithera

Apr 4, 2010
How droll, Is any of those really worthy of a movie? I don't think the world can take another prance down the yellow brick road. Well, unless one lives in Kansas.

A-Heart-Of-Gold

Apr 25, 2010
The Witches already has a film well musical that could be turned in to a film!

Toto rules and it could be cute and filmed by Disney!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
I'll go with the lion. No real reason, but I may be able to tolerate a movie about him.