Ozzy Osbourne Rocks Out With Rock Band

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Ozzy Osbourne Rocks Out With Rock Band

Metal legend Ozzy Osbourne is coming to Rock Band [http://www.rockband.com] and he's bringing six tracks with him, including three from his upcoming new album Scream.

When I was young, I was kind of sweet on a girl who had a really neat Ozzy Osbourne t-shirt. I don't remember her name but I do remember the shirt: It featured a fanged, grimacing image of Ozzy with blood dripping from his lips and the words "The Madman Bites the Bat!" emblazoned across the back. My goodness, how times have changed. The maniac metal god who terrorized my parents has stumbled upon more fame and fortune than ever as a reality TV star and media-friendly corporate spokesman, and when I finally got around to seeing him live a few years ago it was clear that his days of avian snack attacks were long behind him.

But he is the Prince of Darkness and his legend is unassailable, and so it is that Ozzy will make his Rock Band debut with a set of six tracks that will be released as DLC on the Rock Band Music Store: [http://www.rockband.com/music] "Crazy Babies" from the 1988 classic No Rest For the Wicked, the 1991 hit "No More Tears" from the album of same name, "I Don't Wanna Stop" from Black Rain in 2007 and three tracks from Scream: "Diggin' Me Down," "Soul Sucker" and "Let Me Hear You Scream."

According to a translator hired by Harmonix [http://www.harmonixmusic.com/], Ozzy said, "I hope Rock Band players around the world are ready to have their living rooms invaded by me!" He then dumped a bucket of water on himself and sat down in a nearby chair, after which he began yelling at his wife to remind him where he was.

The track list is a bit of a letdown; as a fan, I appreciate Ozzy's durability but I'd really rather see more of the classic stuff. Where's "Crazy Train" or "I Don't Know?" What about "Steal Away the Night", "Flying High Again" or "Bark At the Moon?" Obviously there's a promotional tie-in to the new album that has to be considered but with such a deep catalog, it's disappointing to see so much truly great stuff overlooked.

The Ozzy Osbourne Rock Band six-pack will be available on June 15, the same day that Scream hits store shelves. Rumors of a special Collector's Edition retail release, which will include a small toy bat with detachable head and the 2010 edition of the FAA Pilot Safety Handbook, were unconfirmed as of press time.

Torque669

Apr 21, 2009
Would be good to have old songs by him but "I dont wanna stop" is just a brilliant song and Id probably buy the pack just for that.

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
I would've liked "Children of the Grave" but that'll be in the next Guitar Hero...

"Let Me Hear You Scream" is awesome though.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well nice to see him willng to still lend his image to stuff. Looking forward to rocking out with some of his songs. Just hope we will get more too!

James Hueick

Feb 8, 2010
Title kinda made me think that he literally took a Rock Band controller onstage with him, but whatever.
Looking forward to the new music!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Ironically, we are going to scream when we play this. We shall scream in glee.

Calumon: I wish you wouldn't.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
As a metal fan who has been to two Ozzfests and left right as Ozzy was coming on stage, I am not excited at all about these songs. However, the Great Southern Trendkill album is available for DLC.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
UnableToThinkOfName said:
TheRightToArmBears said:
What? No Mr Crowley? Mama I'm Comin' Home?
This, this, this. Paranoid or War Pigs too much to ask?
Those are Black Sabbath, and Tony Iommi owns the rights to that.

I don't care too much about DLC, but that new Scream album is looking mighty sexy.

Truly-A-Lie

Nov 14, 2009
Let Me Hear You Scream is awesome, can't wait for the album. My music collection is long overdue some Ozzy.

Paddin

Sep 30, 2009
Well its always good to have more classics added to the collection, but I still have to ask...

[HEADING=1]WHERES MY DAMN MUSE DLC?![/HEADING]

Its one of the most requested DLCs, and so far we've got one song which came with the game! its outrageous! Guitar Hero has a few of their songs, they even have Matt Belamy, but we get pretty much nothing

Mar 16, 2009
What? No duet with Ms. Piggy?

I'm not a fan of Ozzy, at all. I can't stand his solo work, I can't stand Sharon (the one person in the industry who needs to die)... I'm holding my breath for Dio.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
I didn't even know he had a new album coming out. That just seemed to pass me by. Some fan I am eh?
But I don't particularly like rock band/guitar hero and all that. I have GH Metallica and I don't even think Ozzy Osbourne DLC is enough to get me to buy it. Especially with the songs that are in the pack. However, an entire Ozzy Rock Band game (which I thought this was about) would be awesome and I would easily pay for that.

Sight Unseen

The North Remembers
Nov 18, 2009
buy teh haloz said:
Aw... No Heaven and Hell?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that Heaven and Hell is by Black Sabbath when Dio was the lead singer. Ozzy wasn't even involved at all.