Firefly: Still Flying Book Giveaway Now Live

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
Firefly: Still Flying Book Giveaway Now Live

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/fireflySF]

We have copies of Firefly: Still Flying: A Celebration of Joss Whedon's Acclaimed TV Series to give away for those who can answer our Firefly and A Good Knight's Quest [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/a-good-knight-s-quest] quiz!

Set 500 years in the future, Firefly centres around Mal Reynolds, captain of the ship-for-hire Serenity and its eclectic crew of galactic misfits. Firefly: Still Flying is the third official companion to the much-loved cult TV show and is packed with unseen photos, costume designs, behind-the-scenes secrets and much more, including brand-new Firefly short stories by the show's writers!

Even better, The Escapist has three copies of Firefly: Still Flying: A Celebration of Joss Whedon's Acclaimed TV Series to give away! It's not just as easy as putting in your name, though. You must complete a 10 question quiz about Firefly and The Escapist's own A Good Knight's Quest [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/a-good-knight-s-quest]!

Click here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/fireflySF] to get started and good luck!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Is it bad that I have never seen Firefly or read any of it?

In fact, DON'T ANSWER THAT!

Calumon: You'll just all say yes and tell him to get it, and he's already got to finish watching Death Note. Then Medabots, and then YuGiOh, then he doesn't know what box set to buy off a car boot sale.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
Well, that's what I get for not watching the Good Knight's Quest... then again there's no shipping to Europe anyway so why bother.
Book looks interesting though.

ObserverSeventeen

May 19, 2010
I'm getting an error, saying that I need to indicate whether or not I have a DDO account, yet there is no place to do so. Is anyone else having this problem?

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:
Is it bad that I have never seen Firefly or read any of it?

In fact, DON'T ANSWER THAT!

Calumon: You'll just all say yes and tell him to get it, and he's already got to finish watching Death Note. Then Medabots, and then YuGiOh, then he doesn't know what box set to buy off a car boot sale.
Calumon, did you put Jack up to watching Yu-Gi-Oh? Surely you should know better, I've done the same this week and it's taken over my life! 81 episodes in and there are 224 in the first anime alone, not to mention all the episodes of GX and 5Ds...

Have to say though Jack, good choice on Death Note! Although I do sincerely recommend Firefly, it's definitely worth it and there are only about 12 episodes anyway to get through (unfortunately...).

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
You must also be currently residing in the United States or Canada

*exhales*

The Escapist need to open a UK branch...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Trivun said:
And it's US and Canada only, as always. Brilliant... :(
Seriously...

Everything recently has been that way, with nothing for us who dont happen to live in the States.

Escapist guys? Please tell us you have at least something in pipes for us EU peeps!

Taerdin

Nov 7, 2006
ObserverSeventeen said:
I'm getting an error, saying that I need to indicate whether or not I have a DDO account, yet there is no place to do so. Is anyone else having this problem?
Yes very much so.

I love Firefly and would very much like to win this book. Lil help ecapist staff?

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Still Flying? It crashed soon after the release of Serenity. How much money would it take to make another series of Firefly? Why can't the BBC buy the rights to it and make a new series. I pay my TV licence to get shows I like to see. Close down BBC Three and make Firefly instead.

Oh and I know there's all sorts of legal stuff to wade through, but can we please have a contest outside of the USA?

Spinwhiz

Oct 8, 2007
ObserverSeventeen said:
A DDO account? That is strange. I don't see anything like that up on my display.

All fixed! Thanks!

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
Jaredin said:
Everything recently has been that way, with nothing for us who dont happen to live in the States.

Escapist guys? Please tell us you have at least something in pipes for us EU peeps!
We're working on it. It's hard from a legal standpoint to find many contests that we can run for other countries. :(

We really don't want to exclude anyone from participating, it doesn't help our cause at all.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Again no love for the Euros.

Escapist, I am disappoint. :|
You forgot this:

But I still wholeheartedly agree. I would've loved to enter this.
Kross said:
We're working on it. It's hard from a legal standpoint to find many contests that we can run for other countries. :(

We really don't want to exclude anyone from participating, it doesn't help our cause at all.
Best of luck, I'll be waiting patiently. Just glad that you guys are working on it in the first place.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
This quiz further reminds me that I need to go back home and pick up my Firefly and Serenity DVDs so I can re-watch them. By the way, "home" is over 2000km away. Hardly walking distance.

josh797

Nov 20, 2007
i cant find the answer to #10. anyone wanna help me out? ive looked through every episode, and cant find it. ggrrrrrr

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
I was going to try and win it but I'm not watching that "A good knight's quest" series, I've tried but the show and I just don't get along with one another. I've tried to enjoy it but it just doesn't click with me, nothing personal though.

Edit: Does anyone know who won that last contest they had here?