DJ Hero 2 Announced: New Songs, Modes, and a Fall Release

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
DJ Hero 2 Announced: New Songs, Modes, and a Fall Release

DJ Hero is officially getting a sequel, and it's due out sometime this fall.

told us a few months ago [http://www.amazon.com/DJ-Hero-Xbox-360/dp/B0028ZNX68/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276195864&sr=1-1] that it believed in the series and would release a sequel later this year. This morning, Activision officially announced the existence of DJ Hero 2 and confirmed that the game will ship during the fall season.

DJ Hero 2 will feature 70 new mixes from more than 85 artists like The Chemical Brothers, Lady Gaga, and Kanye West. On top of this, music producer <a href=http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadmau5>Deadmau5 (pronounced "Dead Mouse") has been revealed to be a playable character in the game.

While most of the game's play details have yet to be revealed, Activision has let a few see the light of day. The single player campaign is called "Empire Mode," which lets players start off as a DJ new to the scene who gradually builds up an entertainment empire. Several new multiplayer modes have also been revealed, as well. "DJ Battles" has two players going against one another over songs specially designed for battle play modes. "Party Play," which was originally created for [http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Stand-Alone-Software-Xbox-360/dp/B0028ZJ4O8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1276195908&sr=1-1], allows players to jump in and out of a song on the fly. Finally, a karaoke mode will be included, too.

The game will be sold in a Party Bundle, which will include two turntable controllers and a microphone. Activision has made some of the new music free to download this week on Xbox Live and PSN.

No official price has been revealed yet, nor has a default game bundle, but more details about DJ Hero 2 will probably be revealed at E3.

Source: <a href=http://gamernode.com/news/9177-dj-hero-2-announced/index.html>GamerNode

FlashHero

Apr 3, 2010
vansau said:
On top of this, music producer <a href=http://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadmau5>Deadmau5 (pronounced "Dead Mouse") has been revealed to be a playable character in the game.
Im sold.

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
Good to see Activision hasn't done anything stupid, like cut themselves in the head until all their common sense was gone.

Because, clearly the first DJ Hero was so good, that it warrants a second.

Go and do something useful, like raking a river uphill. Or make cannibalism socially acceptable.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
You would think that they would save this for E3. Oh well, good for the people who played DJ Hero 1 I suppose.

Flamezdudes

Aug 27, 2009
ultimateownage said:
Oh for fucks sake activision, stop milking this damned franchise, it's dead.
This is Activision we are talking about here. They're going to milk it for all its worth, look at Call Of Duty.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Me55enger said:
Good to see Activision hasn't done anything stupid, like cut themselves in the head until all their common sense was gone.

Go and do something useful, like raking a river uphill. Or make cannibalism socially acceptable.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you've never played DJ Hero.

I loved DJ Hero, but this isn't sounding too great. It looks like they're already trying to milk the franchise... I was hoping they would do more with it, but I might pick it up.

SageRuffin

M-f-ing Jedi Master
Dec 19, 2009
I'm one of the few that played DJ Hero for what it was and genuinely loved it (me being a hip-hop head might have had something to do with that as well), but this sounds a little like overkill. While I think it's great that a new one is dropping later in the year, I also think that they're overdoing it with some of the new features, almost like they're already trying to make a hip-hop version of Band Hero.

I mean... c'mon. Karaoke in a game that's all about fucking Turntablism? Really now.

The Ambrosian

Paperboy
May 9, 2009
Didn't play the first one much, was still awesome though, with Gaga and Deadmau5 will be good. Sounds like it actually has some kind of a story this time aswell.

SomeGuyNamedKy

Sep 25, 2008
DJ Hero was fun to play. It was different and alot harder than Any of the Guitar Hero or Rock Band games I've played. My friend's gonna have a heart attack after hearing about Deadmau5 though.

Edit: Just played the free mix from the game. Too much Lady Gaga, not enough Deadmau5.

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
hazabaza1 said:
Unless it has the slap chop rap in it, I'm not interested.
DJ Vince as playable character. This is how you sell games. Hell, get Vince to advertise it, maybe do an unlikely team-up with zombified Billy Mays.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, I suppose they ned a reason to justify peripherals...I still wont get it, but, I hope those who do have it will enjoy it

Me55enger

Dec 16, 2008
ProfessorLayton said:
Me55enger said:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that you've never played DJ Hero.

I loved DJ Hero, but this isn't sounding too great. It looks like they're already trying to milk the franchise... I was hoping they would do more with it, but I might pick it up.
you're, right. i haven't played DJ Hero. And im proud of that fact.

And what franchise?

they threw wassisface that rapper bastard across a room in an Ad. Thats it.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Me55enger said:
you're, right. i haven't played DJ Hero. And im proud of that fact.

And what franchise?

they threw wassisface that rapper bastard across a room in an Ad. Thats it.
I was skeptical about it at first, but then I tried it out and it was actually a lot of fun. It probably would have been more fun for people who actually know a lot about that kind of music and a lot of the artists were completely new to me, but I really enjoyed it. You can't judge until you've actually played it, no matter how silly it may look.

And by franchise I mean DJ Hero. Not the "Hero" franchise because that one has already been milked, butchered, and served in Happy Meals. DJ Hero was a fresh idea that was a whole lot of fun. It was something that surprisingly worked, although it didn't become too popular. But now, it looks like they're already trying to hard to grab the cash from everyone who actually liked the first game like me.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
rembrandtqeinstein said:
Didn't that game sell like 4 copies? How can they afford a sequel in this economy....
The expensive add on, they mad so much money thanks to that... that thing

Phenakist

Feb 25, 2009
I thought it was just a few chavs buying that with their government grants in their council flats that played/stole DJ Hero... It hardly warrants a sequel.

J3llo

May 28, 2010
i think they should give ed banger rec a chance they have allot of good electro, and why didnt they did dj battles at first

nick n stuff

Nov 19, 2009
DJ hero sequel? i wonder how many copies of that game the activision staff's parents will each have to buy to make that game profitable