Mystery Mortal Kombat Trailer Will Blow You Away

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mystery Mortal Kombat Trailer Will Blow You Away

A new live-action Mortal Kombat [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat] trailer is making the rounds and while we're not sure what exactly it is, we do know that it's absolutely frikkin' awesome.

In January, a rumor floated to the surface that the 1995 action flick/videogame movie pointed out [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0113855/], the MK franchise used to be big stuff but it's not 1995 anymore and gamers these days just aren't interested.

Here's a heads-up, kids: Get ready to get interested.

This is not your father's Mortal Kombat. Dig it: No supernatural gimmickry, no undead warriors, no Outworld, just the most dangerous of humans gathered together for a deadly, underground tournament. Reptile: A psychotic, hideously deformed cannibal. Baraka: A self-mutilating plastic surgeon and psychotic mass murderer. Johnny Cage: Savagely beaten and killed while working as an undercover operative. Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Shang Tsung: The gang's all here, but not as you know them.

You might recognize Sonya Blade [http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0925227/], too.

In all honesty, we have no idea what this is all about. A promo for a new movie? A live action trailer for a new Mortal Kombat game? Something else entirely? We don't know. We only know this: Holy crap, we want more.

Jackalb

Dec 31, 2009
It's a shame about Johnny Cage dying.

I never liked him but it just wouldn't be Mortal Kombat without his sarcastic comments and all round dickishness. Just look at the flop the 2nd film turned out to be without him or maybe that was the animality?

Feb 13, 2008
Maybe they need to FINISH IT.

Yeah, obvious joke is obvious. But holy crap, that actually looks good. Like a possible reasonable vision of a videogame movie.

Has someone checked if Satan's skating yet?

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
That was pretty interesting. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of this.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Woah, that was just. Woah.

However, Sub-Zero was my favorite character! I thought he was the hero for some reason, didnt Scorpion kill off his entire clan or something?

O wells.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Jackalb said:
or maybe that was the animality?
Maybe it was
Oops, I forgot that I spoiled that one myself in the post.

Carry on!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Holy crap...

If that is rated under 18 I will eat 5 cm of my dead skin for Youtube.

Calumon: That's alot of peeling... and I'll fetch the camera

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Disaster Button said:
Ohmygodohmygodohmygod, that was Jeri Ryan Seven of Nine as Sonya Blade.
Was it? She went to the same school as I did and I didn't even recognize her.

Regardless, I watched this and immediately shat brix.

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
Godammit, the original SNES cartridge is in the shop for £3 and I still haven't picked it up. This trailer is an incentive for me to swot up on MK, it looks awesome.