Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 21

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
Shamus Plays: LOTRO, Part 21

Lulzy has to deal with an under-prepared herbalist.

Read Full Article

halfeclipse

Nov 8, 2008
Anyone else wondering what the hell kind of deadly dog poison could be made involving honey and blackwort?

Brainst0rm

Apr 8, 2010
halfeclipse said:
Anyone else wondering what the hell kind of deadly dog poison could be made involving honey and blackwort?
The sweet but deadly kind.

Heh, the scene with the herbalist was priceless. I was like "wait, he already has the ingredients?" then I was like "yeah! yeah! that's what I thought." Good stuff.

sooperman

Partially Awesome at Things
Feb 11, 2009
"Well, I had hopes that things were looking up, but now we're back to murder and tears."

One of those days, huh?

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Chetwood Count: 3
Stupid Human NPC Count: Infinity Symbol

Shamus, what're your thoughts on LOTRO going free-to-play?

halfeclipse

Nov 8, 2008
Brainst0rm said:
halfeclipse said:
The sweet but deadly kind.

Heh, the scene with the herbalist was priceless. I was like "wait, he already has the ingredients?" then I was like "yeah! yeah! that's what I thought." Good stuff.

Blackwort helps get rid of mucus and honey helps with sore throats. Sounds more like something you'd feed em if they had a slight cold.... actually yea, accidentally helping them deal with cold symptoms would be par for the course now that I think about it.

VulakAerr

Mar 31, 2010
One of the best yet. Very high joke hit rate. :) I remember that "bring your friends" mission, too. Managed to solo it... carefully...

capacollo

Nov 17, 2009
This series is great. Funny as hell (though admittedly I haven't played the game).

Supp

Nov 17, 2009
The second item is berries. The berries are free, plentiful, close at hand, and guarded by killer bears.
I started to cry when I saw this.

According to Stephen Colbert, the top five threats to america are:

5 Terrorists
4 BEARS!!!
3 Democrats
2 Robots
1 MORE BEARS (no one ever suspects the second bear)

Aedes

Sep 11, 2009
Sauron's Spoon made my day.
Got to love those alchemists who never ever have the ingredients to make the item you want.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
"This bushes must be some sort of Dr. Seuss-styled thing where a great big bush will only produce a single berry."

My inner speller made me do it.

You know, maybe you should just kill her Shamus. Then loot her corpse for the money. Hey! Lets all just kill quest givers from now on!

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
Supp said:
The second item is berries. The berries are free, plentiful, close at hand, and guarded by killer bears.
I started to cry when I saw this.

According to Stephen Colbert, the top five threats to america are:

5 Terrorists
4 BEARS!!!
3 Democrats
2 Robots
1 MORE BEARS (no one ever suspects the second bear)
So if it's a democratic terrorist robot riding two bears as roller skates, we're fucked?

OT: This comic was quite funny. It's nice to see some reliably funny comics here.

hopeneverdies

Oct 1, 2008
I wonder if Turbine notices these logic failures. Why would you need to poison dogs if you can stab bears and wolves to death? How could honey and blackwort be mixed to make poison? Are the berries poisonous or something? If they are, why would you bother with the other ingredients?

My head hurts from overthinking these quests.

megalomania

Apr 14, 2009
This must be my favorite one so far! I loved the discourse between Lulzy and the Herbalist and escpecially loved the Soap Cakes and Joint Tonic gag!

Keep up the good work Shamus.

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
hopeneverdies said:
I wonder if Turbine notices these logic failures. Why would you need to poison dogs if you can stab bears and wolves to death? How could honey and blackwort be mixed to make poison? Are the berries poisonous or something? If they are, why would you bother with the other ingredients?

My head hurts from overthinking these quests.
Unless the berries are poisonous and bitter. The honey and blackwort are there to make them taste better so that the worg-dog hybrids will scarf it down like beggin' strips.