New Indiana Jones Will Be an "Old Fashioned" Film

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
New Indiana Jones Will Be an "Old Fashioned" Film

The word on the street is that the fifth and presumably final Indiana Jones [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0082971/] movie will be set in the Bermuda Triangle and will be filmed "the old-fashioned way," without all the crazy CGI effects.

According to Stuff.co.nz [http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/film/3786936/Indy-5-going-back-to-its-roots], a script for Indy 5 is in the works, Harrison Ford is ready to go and the whole thing is expected to begin shooting next year. "George [Lucas] and Steven [Spielberg] have been working on a script and it's almost there," a source told the site. "Harrison is on stand-by for filming next year. This looks like being an emotional and exciting conclusion to the franchise, with Indy facing his biggest challenge yet."

In a bit of good news/bad news for fans of the franchise who were left flat by Kingdom of the Crystal Skull [http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/], LaBeouf will be back but the over-the-top CGI silliness won't. "Shia LaBeouf has a central role again as Indy's son," the source added, "but this will be a blockbuster made in the old fashioned way rather than the CGI efforts of the last movie."

LaBeouf, as you may recall, took some heat for stinking up the joint as Indie's son Mutt Williams, but he also earned props (at least in my eyes) for manning up and taking responsibility for his part in the half-baked film. "I feel like I dropped the ball on the legacy that people loved and cherished," he said last month [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/100704-LaBeouf-Its-My-Fault-Indiana-Jones-4-Was-No-Good]. "You can blame it on the writer and you can blame it on Steven [Spielberg]. But the actor's job is to make it come alive and make it work, and I couldn't do it. So that's my fault."

Here's hoping that everyone else involved has learned their lesson too.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
I personally think they shouldnt of even made Kingdom in the first place, the series was already placed nicely in to hall of movie legends with the origional trilogy.

Elesar

Apr 16, 2009
Can we just leave old franchises alone? Seriously, why do need a new Indy? Is it THAT hard to come up with some new ideas?

MorteSphere

Jul 8, 2009
wooty said:
I personally think they shouldnt of even made Kingdom in the first place, the series was already placed nicely in to hall of movie legends with the origional trilogy.
really, only the first one. The other two were shit.

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
LEAVE BRITNEY.... I mean... INDY ALONE!!!

Seriously. I say let it die... And by die, I mean let it age finely on and on in our hearts forever. We grew up loving this, why are they beating a dead horse in the vain attempt to make glue and hold the shattered facade of this classic together?

Brotherofwill

Jan 25, 2009
Wow, could they possibly redeem the fourth one?

They'd have to try pretty damn hard. Atleast the baby steps sound promising. Shia earned big plus points for admitting that. He has a lot of work to do.

I won't watch it. My childhood has been damaged enough already.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I still blame everyone involved with producing Indy 4. No one stopped to look at what they were doing and even bothered to question it.

Still, I'm feel cautiously glad at this announcement. Maybe they can do something challenging. Like, I don't know, character development between father and son. Then again, that would be like asking the dog to go fold the laundry.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Sweet!
I love me some Indiana Jones! All 4 films!
Sign me up for the 5th!

PurpleSky

Apr 20, 2010
let me find it

You know........there is a far worse south park image I could have used

colourcodedchaos

Jun 20, 2008
Now, to my mind Crystal Skull wasn't that bad until the last 10-15 minutes, which successfully trashed most of the good feeling I had towards the film but not the series as a whole. Indy 5 will be welcome here - and no big dumb CGI means no big dumb spaceship splattered across the screen like a big metal turd.

Sad to see that the orange woman from the Transformers film's coming back... but meh. Hopefully he'll get it right this time.

Captain Pancake

May 20, 2009
Elesar said:
Can we just leave old franchises alone? Seriously, why do need a new Indy? Is it THAT hard to come up with some new ideas?
I think it would be better to try one last time to make a good film, so they can end the whole series on a high. I sure as hell don't want to remember Indiana Jones the same way I'll remember Star wars, so if they're making a final film that goes back to the roots of the franchise, then I can't think of any better way to end the saga.

MorteSphere said:
wooty said:
*cough cough* thinly veiled opinion disguised as fact through boistrous confidence *cough cough*

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
MorteSphere said:
wooty said:
Aw come on, the third one has some great action scenes and some snappy one liners... And Sean connery, and guys in Fezs