ENN: Rejected Premieres for Publisher's Club Members

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
ENN: Rejected Premieres for Publisher's Club Members

Ever wonder what jokes get left on the Escapist News Network cutting room floor? If you're a member of The Escapist's Publisher's Club, you're about to find out.

If you're anything like me, you fire up the latest episode of ENN [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-news-network] every Wednesday morning to see the LoadingReadyRun crew mercilessly skewer recent hot-button issues. ENN is packed to the brim with funny, and you know what that means?

It means that sometimes, there's just too much funny for one episode to hold. So sadly, the funny gets excised, left abandoned on the cutting room floor, where it remains homeless and forgotten ... until now.

The Escapist is proud to present ENN: Rejected - the jokes from the always-talented LRR team that didn't quite make it into the episodes you see every Wednesday morning. This content is exclusive to members of our Publisher's Club - if you're a member, you can find it here [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/enn-rejected].

If you're not a member and find these little extra morsels of ENN goodness too tantalizing to ignore, then why not go ahead and become one [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/registration/subscribe]?

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Yarg, stop making want to give up more money I do(nt) have!

<3 you guys!

Too much funny indeed.

EDIT: Also, anyone in The Club want to give us a little rundown on it? Good/Not good and all that?

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
This isn't exactly an incentive to join, since the LRR team already put the rejected jokes on their own website every week as an extra. So it's not 'exclusive' content at all.

Sorry, but though I love the site, this isn't going to entice me to join the Publisher's Club. First, I still can't afford to join, and second, it still smacks of elitism to me. Which is the main beef I had with the whole scheme in the first place, and the reason why several former well-known and well-respected 'veteran' members left the site for good. I can see why you have the club now, but I still don't agree with it, personally.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
Trivun said:
This isn't exactly an incentive to join, since the LRR team already put the rejected jokes on their own website every week as an extra. So it's not 'exclusive' content at all.

Sorry, but though I love the site, this isn't going to entice me to join the Publisher's Club. First, I still can't afford to join, and second, it still smacks of elitism to me. Which is the main beef I had with the whole scheme in the first place, and the reason why several former well-known and well-respected 'veteran' members left the site for good. I can see why you have the club now, but I still don't agree with it, personally.
Did they close down their site, or are they still publishing content there?

Stop adding such large incentives, keep it up and I may niggardly join =[

GoldenShadow

May 13, 2008
It works now. Thanks

Also, I paid my ten bucks for the high quality video(Wish they were HD 720p) I come to this site everyday for my gaming news and a one time fee of ten bucks is nothing to me. Well, for the first year I think anyways.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
dududf said:
Trivun said:

Did they close down their site, or are they still publishing content there?

Stop adding such large incentives, keep it up and I may niggardly join =[
Still publishing. In fact, I've just found the link for the 'Rejected ENN' content, it's posted each week in their site blog:

http://loadingreadyrun.com/blog/?cat=86

Yeah, I don't really see how this is 'exclusive' to the Publisher's Club. Sorry, staff guys and gals, but as I said, it's not much incentive for me to join...

Apr 28, 2008
Deofuta said:

<3 you guys!

Too much funny indeed.

EDIT: Also, anyone in The Club want to give us a little rundown on it? Good/Not good and all that?
Eh, its fine. Not much changes. You get to view video's in HQ, which I don't really care for. You get your own title, which while fun, isn't too big. You also get access to a special forum that is basically like the Off-Topic only smaller and without all the "what is your favorite/least favorite/ect." threads.

Personally, I didn't join for any of that. I joined because I love this site, and am glad to support it any way I can.

neoontime

I forgot what this was before...
Jul 10, 2009
Damn it, if only n=my mother would allowq me to use her credit card.
Oh well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN FUNK!

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Furburt said:
Oh my god.

Why, why did you guys post this? Why is this news?

I doubt that many people will join because of this, you'll just have a bunch of people being pissed off at it.

This thread will most likely become a flame war, and lead to probations and suspensions. If it doesn't, then thank god.

Look, I like the Pubclub, really, I do, but the staff really need to be conscious that it's a very contentious issue in the community.

I'm just letting you know.

Deofuta said:
It's...alright. I just watched it.

Not really funny though. I can see why it was cut.
Er, for the same reason we announce anything else in the Pub Club? Because not everyone scans every inch of the site to find out what might have popped up and we'd like to give them a heads up?

Cabisco

May 7, 2009
Trivun said:

To an extent I get your point but with more extra things like this and less bad shows (heres looking at you gamedogs and I hit it with my axe) I would likely join up. But I do get your point about elitism, but that can't be helped with an In and Out group situation.

I do have a Publishers Club related question though, what happens to paying members who are dicks, do they get more of a chance as they are paying? Or do they get banned like anyone else, even though they gave money to you to be part of the site? It's just a general question of interest.

crotalidian

and Now My Watch Begins
Sep 8, 2009
Couple of funnys. if this is a weekly update then that will be cool. didnt really expect that much from the 'club' just joined up to support the site

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
I'm waiting for the angry LRRunners complaining about how The Escapist is siphoning off their bonus content. (Although "Premieres" implies that LRR would be allowed to post it later or include it as bonus content in their next DVD release, or something)

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
I might join this Publisher's Club if I can think of a funny/witty title for myself...

Demon ID said:
I do have a Publishers Club related question though, what happens to paying members who are dicks, do they get more of a chance as they are paying? Or do they get banned like anyone else, even though they gave money to you to be part of the site? It's just a general question of interest.
That's something I've been asking myself too. I doubt we'd get an honest answer if they do get extra chances though.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Irridium said:
Deofuta said:

<3 you guys!

Too much funny indeed.

Eh, its fine. Not much changes. You get to view video's in HQ, which I don't really care for. You get your own title, which while fun, isn't too big. You also get access to a special forum that is basically like the Off-Topic only smaller and without all the "what is your favorite/least favorite/ect." threads.

Personally, I didn't join for any of that. I joined because I love this site, and am glad to support it any way I can.
Well, I actually meant this video series in particular, but thanks for the rundown!

Apr 28, 2008
Demon ID said:
Trivun said:

To an extent I get your point but with more extra things like this and less bad shows (heres looking at you gamedogs and I hit it with my axe) I would likely join up. But I do get your point about elitism, but that can't be helped with an In and Out group situation.

No, they get punished like everyone else. And if I see anyone trying to use the pubclub to try and make it seem like their point matters over anyone else, I, and I'm sure many others, will come down on him/her like a divine wind and verbally destroy him/her.