Max Payne 3 Delayed

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Max Payne 3 Delayed

To the shock of probably no one at all, Max Payne 3 [http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3] has been pushed back into next year.

A lot of good news came out of Grand Theft Auto IV [http://www.take2games.com/] continues to roll along, with over 17 million units sold. Things are sunny enough that Take-Two actually raised its financial outlook for 2010. But there is one bit of bad news: Max Payne 3 has been pushed back into the next fiscal year.

It's not a terribly shocking development given Take-Two's track record. Analyst Michael Pachter criticized [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/98858-Analysts-Say-Take-Two-Takes-Too-Long-to-Make-Games] the company in March for taking too long to make games, specifically mentioning "the continuing delays of Max Payne 3 (six years in development)," among other games, as reasons why it has so much trouble turning a profit. It isn't the first time the game has been delayed, either: It was originally slated for release in winter 2009 and then, when winter 2009 arrived and everyone's favorite New York noir detective turned thickly-muscled Brazilian wifebeater didn't, it was rescheduled for the final quarter of 2010.

In theory, Max Payne 3 could still arrive in time for the final quarter of the 2010 calendar year as Take-Two's 2011 fiscal year begins on November 1, but no new launch window has been suggested.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Dosnt surprise me at all...if im honest though I dont think we really need another one...

And does that poster there also remind anyone else of a certain "Favela" in a certain FPS? lol

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
Does anyone really care at this point? Not trying to sound like a jerk or anything, lets just hope it doesent go the route of Alpha Protocal.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
They are making another Max Payne game? I thought he died or something. I remember playing the old Max Payne on xbox. It pretty much killed complete intrest in shooting games and shooting in general. I'm different now I have fun with shooting games but I can't see a Max payne game bringing back the Fun in FPs.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Haven't been interested in MP3 anyway. The first two Max Payne games were nothing short of brilliant, so why'd they have to go and change everything? New protagonist, new setting... I guess if the gameplay and story are of the same quality (or better!) everything will be alright, but judging from the screenshots the awesome atmosphere has been lost.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I doubt the game coming out later will make this seem any less stupid a sequel.

I don't mind it not being in New York, that's fine, but changing Max into a fat, balding old man?
Not exactly the best way to give a series a serious and awesome tone, I shall be honest.
Not to disrespect old people, mind you, but it seems like Max Payne is going for the "grow old like growing old is a disability" style of ageing, not the "a strong person who is old is an old strong person" style of ageing.

I'm half-expecting some scene in slow-mo where he checks his hip or takes his heart medicine...

Humble85

Jun 6, 2010
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Haven't been interested in MP3 anyway. The first two Max Payne games were nothing short of brilliant, so why'd they have to go and change everything? New protagonist, new setting... I guess if the gameplay and story are of the same quality (or better!) everything will be alright, but judging from the screenshots the awesome atmosphere has been lost.
Wait...max payne isnt about max payne anymore?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
I'm just curious, why is the only analyst the escapist ever cites Michael Pachter? Does he just happen to say a lot of stuff?

Sixties Spidey

Elite Member
Jan 24, 2008
Well, what do you expect? Delays=Better product. If they rush it out, it wouldn't be as good. Would Red Dead be the great game it is now if they just kicked it out the front door? OF COURSE NOT. There wouldn't be time to check for bugs, etc.

Please just shut your stupid fucking mouth Pachter, you outrageously inaccurate hack.

Gerrawn

Apr 2, 2009
I really don't like the new look of Max. He looks like someone who spends his afternoon hiding in the bushes outside a kindergarten.
And the delay? Saw that one coming a mile away.

Carboncrown

Oct 17, 2009
Dind't they pretty much admit that they just had a concept for a shooter, and afterwards then decided to slap "Max Payne" into it?
Humble85 said:
Hurr Durr Derp said:
Wait...max payne isnt about max payne anymore?
I'm pretty sure he is.

Unfortunately.

the_tramp

May 16, 2008
Doesn't surprise me, spreading profits and all seeing that Max Payne 3 will be their next cash cow. That being said was Max Payne 2 released 6 years ago!? Hell I played the hell out of that game but now that I think of it... it was released on 3 CDs as opposed to DVDs so I suppose it HAS been a while!

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
I can't say I'm very excited for this game. I don't see why there has to be a third one, Max Payne 1 and 2 were fantastic games, can't we just leave it at that?

Borntolose

Aug 18, 2008
Can't say I care much, I'm not interested in it at all. I liked the first game but it seems that this installment is going to ruin the series.