Paper Mario Goes to School

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Paper Mario Goes to School

A Japanese student brought Mario to life on the walls of his or her school in a short stop-motion animation.

Mario's adventures don't always take him to exotic locales like the Mushroom Kingdom. When the Koopa army attacked a Japanese school, Mario zipped over there to deal with the problem, and a student caught the entire thing on film.

Ok, you caught me, that's not what actually happened, but the truth - that a student at a Japanese school spent two weeks making this video after classes were done - is no less impressive.

Sadly, I don't have a lot of information about who made the video, but what I can gather is Mario and all the other characters are made of sticky notes and that the video was made on a very small budget - around fifty-five bucks - as an entry for a local culture festival, which the student was very keen to win.

Source: Kotaku [http://kotaku.com/5559937/paper-mario-moving-for-real]

Crazy_Bird

Oct 21, 2009
Awesome work.

I guess it most have been pretty hard to animated this thing with nothing but sticky notes and at first I had the impression that some digital effects were used.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
That is so full of charm, its wonderful hearing those sound effects in use.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Ah, stop-motion animation. The endless source of low-budget entertainment.

DazZ.

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2009
I wish my school had beds...

Looks more like a hospital though.
No it doesn't.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
*misses first mushroom*
Who doesn't grab mushrooms?

*misses second mushroom*
*foreboding senses tingling*
*dies*
Saw that coming.

[/spoiler]

Optimus Hagrid

Feb 14, 2009
Is it sad that the first thing about the video that impressed me was the Mario song in stereo sound?

Uh, yeah, that was pretty cool.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats certainly impressive. I like it! Someone has some talent for sure!

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
I have said it before (actually, not on The Escapist) and i say it again: Japan is awesome. A bit crazy, but awesome nonetheless. The video was great and well-done. Made me remember my feeble attempts to create stop-motion videos about random stuff crawling around my room, or Lego characters running around. Ah, good times, good times.