Xbox 360 Fans Have to Wait for Scott Pilgrim

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Xbox 360 Fans Have to Wait for Scott Pilgrim

Good news, comic fans! Scott Pilgrim vs. The World is still getting an awesome videogame adaptation, but it's coming to the PS3 first.

This summer is a pretty big deal for Scott Pilgrim fans. Not only is the final part of the comic series coming out in July, the movie directed by Edgar Wright (the man behind Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz), and the <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93411-Ubisoft-Making-Scott-Pilgrim-Game-for-XBLA-PSN>videogame tied to the movie sounds like it might not actually suck. However, fans with PS3s are going to get to play the game before those with 360s.

GameInformer spent some time with the game recently, confirming that Ubisoft has made the game a timed exclusive for the PlayStation Network, which means that it'll be coming to Xbox Live later on (though no release date for the 360 has been revealed). According to the preview, "how long 360 fans must wait after the August PSN release is still frustratingly unclear, but hopefully Ubisoft will let us know soon if we're talking weeks, months, or even the dreaded year."

The Scott Pilgrim game sounds fantastic: It's a 2D brawler for up to four players, starring different characters from the comic and movie. Playable characters include Scott Pilgrim, Ramona Flowers, Kim Pine, and Stephen Stills. According to the preview, extra characters, modes, and levels will be unlockable, though further details have yet to be revealed.

If you're not familiar with Scott Pilgrim, the character is the star of an The movie looks great, too, based on the trailers that have been unveiled.

If we're lucky, both the movie and the game will turn out to be as much fun as they look like they'll be. The PSN release is slated for sometime this August, though Ubisoft has yet to confirm a date any more specific than that; hopefully an Xbox Live release date will be announced soon, too.

Source: <a href=http://gameinformer.com/games/scott_pilgrim_vs_the_world/b/ps3/archive/2010/06/08/scott-pilgrim-game-first-hands-on.aspx>GameInformer via <a href=http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/scott-pilgrim-is-timed-psn-exclusive>EuroGamer

Image courtesy of GameInformer

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Well, I hate exclusives, but timed exclusives are a much better alternative. I'd rather kill exclusivity altogether, though...

:)

The game looks like decent fun, too.

Enjoy, PS3oples.

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Well, I hate exclusives, but timed exclusives are a much better alternative. I didn't rather kill exclusivity altogether, though...

The game looks like decent fun, but nothing to knock Castle Crashers off of it's perch yet.
Its not an exclusive if its going for both.

yanipheonu

Jan 27, 2010
Miumaru said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Well, I hate exclusives, but timed exclusives are a much better alternative. I didn't rather kill exclusivity altogether, though...

The game looks like decent fun, but nothing to knock Castle Crashers off of it's perch yet.
...That's why he said TIMED exclusive.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, at least the 360 will eventually get a release ^^ Cant wait!

Miumaru

May 5, 2010
yanipheonu said:
Miumaru said:
Onyx Oblivion said:

...That's why he said TIMED exclusive.
Im aware this is a minor grievence and being nitpicky though, so Im not going to devote time to make a big argument with this.

Actual

Jun 24, 2008
I just bought all the books that are out so I could have a re-read. First time I borrowed my girlfriend's books. By borrowed I mean ran away with and wouldn't give back til I'd finished.

Pipotchi

Jan 17, 2008
Ugh Michael Cera again? Guys bloody everywhere. On the plus side Edgar Wright and the rest is awesome so still well worth a watch

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Straying Bullet said:
I want.

Is the PC platform being shafted again or something?
Dude, nobody loves the PC anymore. Maybe it'll get released on something like Steam eventually?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
vansau said:
Straying Bullet said:
I want.

Is the PC platform being shafted again or something?
Dude, nobody loves the PC anymore. Maybe it'll get released on something like Steam eventually?
Statements like this are ridiculous. I still love the PC so your statement is wrong as you used a universal quantifier.

Anyways; do we know how much the Scott Pilgrim game is going to cost? The movie looks awesome and I got it marked on my calendar (figuratively).

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
At least sony aren't being complete dbags saying something like "it will never be on the 360."

Why is there a delay anyway? I'm sure it's not some sort of marketing strategy.

I do however feel sorry for the one 360 owner who not only heard of this title but was really anticipating it. You'll get it eventually dude.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Nobody whose opinion counts? ;)

No, the price hasn't been revealed yet. My guess is somewhere between $8-15, which is the typical range for such fare on PSN and Live. The movie comes out on the first day of RA training at my school, but I'm totally ditching for a couple of hours to revel in its awesomeness.

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
:'(

Hopefully they're talking about 1 or 2 months, not "till DVD Release"...

Looks awesome, and i like how this is an adaption of the books, not the movie.

Kandon Arc

Mar 10, 2009
Why would Sony pay for timed exclusivity on this? Are they expecting people to buy a PS3 to play a arcade game a couple of months before anyone else?