New Fighters Enter the Ring in New Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Trailer

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
New Fighters Enter the Ring in New Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 Trailer

A new teaser trailer for the grudge-match-tastic Marvel vs. Capcom 3 introduces two new characters, including one that rhymes with "Fredpool".

[gametrailers=101062]

Hulk? Check. Ryu? Check. Wolverine? Check ... wait, who's that fighting over there? Aside the from the usual karateka fighting metal-boned berserkers and voluptuous vampires fighting technical geniuses, the new teaser trailer for MvC3 adds two new characters to the game's roster. Both characters are armed with guns and swords, and both have a remarkable ability to absorb damage.

I don't want to spoil the surprise, so you'll have to watch the video to see who's been added. I'd be pretty surprised if you haven't already figured out one of them from the less-than-cryptic clue I gave earlier though.

There's no gameplay footage, but the trailer does end on a cliffhanger, with a hint of some terrible calamity about to befall the world. More information will be coming next week, so just sit tight until then.

Source: Capcom Unity Blog [http://www.capcom-unity.com/s-kill/blog/2010/06/11/new_marvel_vs._capcom_3_teaser_trailer!]

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
I knew it! I had a hunch both of them would be in the game.

Now I wonder whats that flaming thing at the end?

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Logan Westbrook said:
I don't want to spoil the surprise
The thumbnail picture already gives it away, so I really don't think there is anyone who hasn't already guessed.
Still, hooray, I guess, those two should be pretty fun.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Whoo! Fred Pool! Oh, and that "terrible calamity" looks ominous. OMG I wonder wuts gonna happen?!?!

ChromeAlchemist

Aug 21, 2008
It was hinted at for weeks, but now that we've seen it...

Dear god yes. I'm going to play this as much as I play Tatsnoko vs Capcom. Dante will get played to death.

scotth266

Wait when did I get a sub
Jan 10, 2009
Well, they fixed the problem from the previous game: needs moar Deadpool.

Can't wait to see what other characters make it into the mix. You know what would be SUPER hilarious? Oki, from Okami. Hopefully Viewtiful Joe gets his second mainstream fighting game appearance as well :D

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Okay, I am officially hyped, I am so getting this! I'm a sucker for things with Iron Man and Deadpool Fredpool in. This looks epic.

vivadelkitty

Dec 21, 2008
Hmm, almost perfect, now if they just add Amaterasu and Waka it will truly be perfection incarnate...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Thats pretty epic! Hehe...getting me all excited for it! More so!

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Not bad. Maybe this'l be one of the first fighting games I've bought in years.
I'll wait for some gameplay footage first, of course, but it's a maybe!