The Escapist's E3 Week: Monday Preview

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
The Escapist's E3 Week: Monday Preview

It's E3 week, and The Escapist is bringing you all of the juicy stories hot from the show floor! On the plate today: The Microsoft press conference gets liveblogged and we just might see some Dragon Age II...

There's an old holiday standard that refers to the Christmas (et al) season as the "most wonderful time of the year." I'm not saying that it isn't, but for gamers, E3 is pretty damn close. This is the time of year where we get to glimpse the future - we get to see all of the shiny new goodies that our favorite developers have in store.

This year, Team Escapist is out on the E3 floor in force. While the show floor isn't technically open yet, that doesn't mean that we won't be able to see anything awesome and new. Here's some of the stuff that you can look forward to today:

Microsoft Press Conference: At 1:30 PM EST, Microsoft takes the stage to show its hand. You can almost assuredly expect more news on Project Natal - or should I say Kinect? [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101308-Natal-Becomes-Kinect-and-Brings-Along-an-Elephant] - as well as Halo: Reach, Fable III, Crackdown 2, and Gears of War 3. We'll be liveblogging this, so stay tuned!

EA & Ubisoft Press Conferences: They may not have the glitz or sheer oomph of the Big Three's pressers, but EA (5:00 PM EST) and Ubisoft (8:00 PM EST) have plenty to show - and we'll be at both of them. Expect Ubisoft to show more of the new Assassin's Creed, Scott Pilgrim, and perhaps the long-awaited I Am Alive. Meanwhile, EA has Crysis 2, Bulletstorm, and Dead Space 2 up its sleeve.

Let's not forget that EA is also the parent company of beloved RPG studio BioWare. If the rumored Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age II [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101281-Rumor-E3-Floor-Plan-Reveals-Mass-Effect-3-Dragon-Age-II] are real, then it's a safe bet they'll be announced at EA's shindig. And we just might see Star Wars: The Old Republic, too.

The show doesn't get really heated until tomorrow, but hopefully, today will set one hell of a spark.

To follow all of The Escapist's E3 2010 coverage, head to our official page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/conferences/e32010].

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
John Funk said:
CosmicCommander said:
Good article... But...

Let's not forget that EA is also the parent company of beloved RPG studio Ubisoft.
Ninjamedic said:
John Funk said:
Let's not forget that EA is also the parent company of beloved RPG studio Ubisoft .
What the hell Funk!
Nothing. You saw nothing.
I know what you did. We don't forget. We never forget.

CosmicCommander

Friendly Neighborhood Troll?
Apr 11, 2009

JEBWrench

Apr 23, 2009
John Funk said:
Let's not forget that EA is also the parent company of beloved RPG studio Ubisoft .
John Funk said:
Let's not forget that EA is also the parent company of beloved RPG studio BioWare.
Damn. The original statement sounded so much more interesting.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
I'm really pumped for EA's future games, BulletStorm? yes please.

Let's not forget that EA is also the maker of beloved Raspberry Jam
Raspberry Jam fixes everything

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
If Dragon Age 2 and/or The Elder Scrolls 5 are announced, I think I will literally jizz.

I don't usually say that, but this situation warrants it.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
Ninjamedic said:
ColdStorage said:

Never forget. NEVER
OK fine, next time John Funk makes a news article about Ubisoft I'll rib him about the comment.

Happy?

Corpse XxX

Jan 19, 2009
The only thing that really interest me at E3 this year is what Valve has in store for us..

Motion controllers i don't care about at all.. I feel that they are all just something that will have its "15 minutes of fame" and will not last in the long run.. But thats just my opinion..

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Let me know when you hear something on the new Zelda game. That's what I'm most interested in.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Looking forward to what news comeso ut of E3! I really want to see what they have to say on MAss Effect 3!

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
I'll be partying this up with my buds, we're going to watch all the conferences live together, though Microsoft's conference doesn't seem to be on G4. How annoying.

Oh well, Nintendo and Sony is what we're really interested in. E3 definitely looks to have some interesting things to show off...

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Jumplion said:
I'll be partying this up with my buds, we're going to watch all the conferences live together, though Microsoft's conference doesn't seem to be on G4. How annoying.

Oh well, Nintendo and Sony is what we're really interested in. E3 definitely looks to have some interesting things to show off...
Microsoft is streaming their conference here: http://mjr.mn/9f2K6R

Ninjamedic

Dec 8, 2009
ColdStorage said:
Ninjamedic said:
ColdStorage said:

Never forget. NEVER
OK fine, next time John Funk makes a news article about Ubisoft I'll rib him about the comment.

Happy?
Actually:
Had me in a fit of laughter.

DigitalSushi

Dec 24, 2008
Ninjamedic said:
Actually:
Had me in a fit of laughter.
:D
Thats what I normally do when trying to save the blushes of people arguing, edit there comments adding Raspberry Jam everywhere and ask them a bit of calm, I'm a big fan of self moderation.

John Funk said:
Jumplion said:

Microsoft is streaming their conference here: http://mjr.mn/9f2K6R
Will I get to see elephants playing on Natal? sorry Kinect or Wave....
Wait no, its called Move, or arc.

Thanks for the linky.