The Guild Will Return to Xbox Live for Third Season

Earnest Cavalli

Jun 19, 2008
The Guild Will Return to Xbox Live for Third Season

Microsoft has revealed plans to commission a third season of the funnier-than-it-has-any-right-to-be video series The Guild for the Xbox Live Marketplace.

The series, created by MMO junkie, frequent Joss Whedon collaborator and geek dream girl Felicia Day (pictured at right), focuses on the lives of five online roleplaying gamers.

Despite the characters' key link being the game they play together -- which, while similar, is legally distinct from World of Warcraft -- the show rarely features any actually gaming, instead favoring the trials of life in the real world for those whose social skills are honed in an online realm.

Needless to say, it's been a hit with MMO devotees, an accomplishment aided by the series' intensely clever writing, and sharp comedic timing.

As with Season 2, the upcoming third year of The Guild will appear first on Microsoft platforms, including the Xbox Live Marketplace, MSN and the firm's Zune platform. No launch date has yet been revealed for Season 3, though The Hollywood Reporter claims [http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/technology/news/e3i79bb0667857397db772f5fabb285f546] the new episodes will enter production in June.

Normally this is where I'd make a snarky comment about this post's subject matter, but I genuinely like everything about The Guild. It's witty, avoids condescension ... and did I mention that Felicia Day is adorable? She's the human embodiment of a basket of puppies tucked into an even larger basket of kittens.

Sevre

Old Hands
Apr 6, 2009
I saw this in PC Gamer once, I haven't watched it yet. Any good?

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Earnest Cavalli said:
Normally this is where I'd make a snarky comment about this post's subject matter, but I genuinely like everything about The Guild. It's witty, avoids condescension ... and did I mention that Felicia Day is adorable? She's the human embodiment of a basket of puppies tucked into an even larger basket of kittens.
Wow, high praise indeed, can't say I've ever heard of her or even the show before, I think I'll look it up.

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
I met Felicia Day twice, at PAX and at BlizzCon. She's such a darling.

The Shade

Mar 20, 2008
Is it free? I like free stuff.

I might check it out next time I'm on my Xbox and not utterly absorbed with new Fallout 3 content. (In yo face PC gamers)

capnjack

Jan 6, 2009
Eagle Est1986 said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
Wow, high praise indeed, can't say I've ever heard of her or even the show before, I think I'll look it up.

*gasp*

You haven't watched Dr. Horrible??? You should...

ffxfriek

Apr 3, 2008
Eagle Est1986 said:
Earnest Cavalli said:
seconded

Frizzle

Nov 11, 2008
CapnJack said:
Eagle Est1986 said:
Earnest Cavalli said:

*gasp*

I just watched the first part. Classic. I laughed, a lot.

carpenteria

Master Draftsman
Mar 27, 2008
CapnJack said:
*gasp*

This. It's what got me to check out the guild in the first place, which while it has be groaning at the social awkwardness its so damn funny it's enough to make me keep coming back each week.