E3 2010: inFamous 2 Trailer Frostily Expands Cole's Powers

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
E3 2010: inFamous 2 Trailer Frostily Expands Cole's Powers

inFamous's Cole did just fine for himself by controlling electricity alone, but apparently his powers in the sequel will freeze his enemies with more than fear.

Let's face it, inFamous [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=71713] hero Cole MacGrath was a pretty cool guy, whether he was roasting civilians or saving them from evil trash men. The entire first game was based around the expansion of Cole's electricity powers, but the sequel's E3 trailer now shows those powers might expand to another element.

He'll still be climbing up buildings and jumping from rooftop to rooftop, but Sucker Punch has strapped a new weapon to his back that looks like a pretty lethal front fork of a motorcycle when charged with current. Is that all? Nope.

Even though Cole says that "some shit never changes," the end of the trailer shows Cole standing amongst an area frozen by ice. Yeah, it looks like he'll have ice powers to go with his electricity powers this time.

He'll probably need them, because we also see a man named Bertrand that is successfully inciting people to rise against him. Giant monsters may or may not be dragging people into black smoke and eating them too. Hopefully they're vulnerable to either ice or electricity, or Cole's screwed. inFamous 2 is expected in 2011.

Uncreative

Oct 29, 2009
It looked pretty nice, but I suddenly lost interest when the voice over started in with the angst.
Pulled me back a bit when the lost monster ate someone, though.

Guess we'll see how it goes.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Intriguing... Cole has hair this time around. I much prefer this version of him to the original.

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
Nice.

Very nice.

Definitely looking forward for this one! It'll be interesting to see how they integrate the ice powers now.

Dexiro

Dec 23, 2009
Hey i didn't notice the icy bit during the live stream, must've skipped forward. Hopefully it's just the 2 elements we're controlling, it's nice to go into detail with just one instead of being drowned out by a zillion different attacks.

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Dexiro said:
Hey i didn't notice the icy bit during the live stream, must've skipped forward. Hopefully it's just the 2 elements we're controlling, it's nice to go into detail with just one instead of being drowned out by a zillion different attacks.
Having said that, they'll probably give Cole pyrokinesis in the threequel.

If they make one... which they shouldn't. I'm not saying I have anything against Sucker Punch or inFamous, but threequels usually end up failing dismally.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
Excited even more now, but is that a new guy voicing Cole? Much more gritty in Infamous 1, kinda liked it >.>

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
CounterAttack said:
Dexiro said:
Having said that, they'll probably give Cole pyrokinesis in the threequel.

If they make one... which they shouldn't. I'm not saying I have anything against Sucker Punch or inFamous, but threequels usually end up failing dismally.
Such as...? I'm not arguing, I'm really asking as for me at least third installments are usually good.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Please tell me he isn't going to get some cliche' "Power of Ice if Good" or "Power over Lava if bad" sceme we had in the first game...

I wonder if they will pull the Mass Effect 2, descisions carry over mechanic.

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Did anyone else recognize Ellis when Cole started talking? Because that's totally who it is. What happened to him...?

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
Hmm. Not too sure on the new look or voice actor, but the first one was really fun, so I'm looking forward to this.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
therandombear said:
Excited even more now, but is that a new guy voicing Cole? Much more gritty in Infamous 1, kinda liked it >.>
Lol. I thought that was a different guy altogether. But, then again, Sucker Punch wouldn't ditch Cole for someone else. Would they?

Your probably right though. It might be a new voice actor.

As for the game itself, it looks pretty interesting. I was thinking that if they made a sequel, then there would be more than just electricity in the equation. Although, how they're going to make it work storywise is beyond me.

reg42

Mar 18, 2009
Very exited for this. Infamous was only of 2 games I've completed 100%.
I kind of predict a trilogy, which is a good thing.

therandombear

Elite Member
Sep 28, 2009
K4RN4GE911 said:
therandombear said:
Lol. I thought that was a different guy altogether. But, then again, Sucker Punch wouldn't ditch Cole for someone else. Would they?

Your probably right though. It might be a new voice actor.

As for the game itself, it looks pretty interesting. I was thinking that if they made a sequel, then there would be more than just electricity in the equation. Although, how they're going to make it work storywise is beyond me.
Yeah, I kinda thought it was Zeke at first glance, but can't be him...or can it? Maybe the sphere thingy did work? Dun dun dunn...~