Kojima To Unveil "Massive PS3 Exclusive" at TGS 2010

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Kojima To Unveil "Massive PS3 Exclusive" at TGS 2010

Hideo Kojima will reportedly be unveiling a game at the Tokyo Game Show that will rock the foundations of videogame existence.

Hideo Kojima of Metal Gear Solid fame is a mysterious fellow. Even when he announces new projects like CVG [http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/e3_2010/mgs3d/en/] has indicated that Kojima will reveal a mysterious PlayStation 3 exclusive at the Tokyo Game Show later this year.

And not just any PlayStation 3 exclusive, but according to the source it'll be a "massive PS3 exclusive that will own the show." The title will be published by Konami.

Kojima was going to show the game off at E3 this year but decided to take an extra few months to polish the demo. It's very unlikely that he'll be revealing another Metal Gear title, with Naked Sample and Andriasang [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/101346-E3-2010-MGS-Rising-Introduces-Brutal-Watermelon-Slicing]) Kojima said Zone of the Enders 3 had been "sort of pushed to the back," so this might be off the table as well.

Kojima could announce something from his other notable series and cult favorite Snatcher, or go completely new. If it's going to "own the show," it's got to be something big, unless that's just PR talk.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=252467]

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
Strange that they didn't announce at E3. Sony needed something really big to up end Nintendo's new Zelda, Donkey Kong, Kid Ickuras, Kirby, and 3D platform.

On second thought, what ever Kojima has was pushed to the game show to prevent it from being extremely over shadowed by Nintendo's pile of money.

phoenix352

Mar 29, 2009
Gabanuka said:
TES:5! I kid, I kid. That would be god awful if he made it.
adlist the voice acting would be better :D
"LIQUEEEEEED!" "SNAAAAAAKE!" cant go wrong with some mud crabs.

CakeDragon

Mar 10, 2009
Wow, I'm liking the picture.
And I so know it's gonna be antoher Metal Gear Solid movie game.

Vaccine

Feb 13, 2010
I'll only be interested in Zone of the Enders 3 or a new IP, Kojima does make interesting games, but I'm sick of Metal Gear Solid now.

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
You know what, I think it is going to be another Metal Gear. Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker for PSN, or even better a full conversion to PS3.
Why? Because I have been looking into the possibility of this happening because I do not own a PSP and Peace Walker looks amazing. And I have been hearing that during demos of Peace Walker (A month or two ago) they kept on asking the same thing, "Would you be interested in this game if it were to be released on the PS3?", every one said "Fuck Yes" (Every one being press because they were the only ones in".
So I am saying this now, PLEASE OH PLEASE LET IT BE PEACE WALKER FOR PS3!

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
MGS4: Subresistance. Yeah, that's all I can think of, but this game is gonna be that Taboo one.

Wait a minute...

Could it be?

Child Soldiers?

Calumon: No, I'm sure it's eating a burger with cutlery.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
Hmm kinda excited. The PS3 needs a non sequel exclusive badly. I hate exclusives but if they are gonna exist hope the PS3 gets some good ones since I hate touching my 360

Jumplion

Mar 10, 2008
phoenix352 said:
Gabanuka said:
TES:5! I kid, I kid. That would be god awful if he made it.
adlist the voice acting would be better :D
"LIQUEEEEEED!" "SNAAAAAAKE!" cant go wrong with some mud crabs.
"I've fought mudcrabs with better nanomachines than you!"

Regardless, I'll be keeping my eye on this. Kojima always makes, if not good games, then pretty damn interesting ones. I would like "Zone of the Enders 3" though.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
DJmagma said:
is this that "forbidden taboo" he talked about? what the hell is this guy making?
Yes it is, it's Metal Gear 5 and the forbidden taboo he is going to break is making a "game" with zero gameplay. He's been trying for years, but until bluray he didn't have enough space to do an all cutscene production.

AndreyC

Mar 18, 2010
I'm SO excited for TGS. New Kojima game, The Last Guardian, probably Ico Collection and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. TGS is always so much better than E3, at least for me. I for, one, love TGS because, as a japanese event, they always reveal japanese games and focus on the japanese market. E3 is an western event, and, as much as I like some western games, I hate the western videogame industry. The fact that they focus so much on western franchises that are supposedly "THE BEST GAMES EVAAAA" (i.e.: Halo, Killzone, Gears of War and derivatives) really ruins the show for me.

I'm not a Nintendo fan myself, but for me, Nintendo stole the show this year, not because of the usual Zelda-Mario-Kirby game setup I couldn't care less about, but at least they revealed something that matters, the 3DS game list (and boy it is GREAT). Not a single game announcement for Sony or Microsoft got me excited (maybe Rising in Microsoft's Press Conf., but that was already announced, and LBP2 for Sony's, but that was already announced as well).

About Kojima's game, I don't care what it is. It will be good. Kojima is absolutely incapable of making bad games. Even Rising, a game that he's not even directing OR producing OR even writing, will turn out to be amazing because he at least chose the people would take his place. Even Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, seemingly another generic Hack and Slash, will probably reveal itself to be an awesome game in the end, because of KojiPro's collaboration. Everything Kojima Productions touches becomes gold.

I may sound a little bit fanboyish, but I assure you if they ever release an absolutely bad game, I'll be the first one to point it out.

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
RowdyRodimus said:
DJmagma said:
is this that "forbidden taboo" he talked about? what the hell is this guy making?
Yes it is, it's Metal Gear 5 and the forbidden taboo he is going to break is making a "game" with zero gameplay. He's been trying for years, but until bluray he didn't have enough space to do an all cutscene production.
You mean a FMV game like HeavyRian......*hides*

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
AndreyC said:
I'm SO excited for TGS. New Kojima game, The Last Guardian, probably Ico Collection and Final Fantasy Versus XIII. TGS is always so much better than E3, at least for me. I for, one, love TGS because, as a japanese event, they always reveal japanese games and focus on the japanese market. E3 is an western event, and, as much as I like some western games, I hate the western videogame industry. The fact that they focus so much on western franchises that are supposedly "THE BEST GAMES EVAAAA" (i.e.: Halo, Killzone, Gears of War and derivatives) really ruins the show for me.

I'm not a Nintendo fan myself, but for me, Nintendo stole the show this year, not because of the usual Zelda-Mario-Kirby game setup I couldn't care less about, but at least they revealed something that matters, the 3DS game list (and boy it is GREAT). Not a single game announcement for Sony or Microsoft got me excited (maybe Rising in Microsoft's Press Conf., but that was already announced, and LBP2 for Sony's, but that was already announced as well).

About Kojima's game, I don't care what it is. It will be good. Kojima is absolutely incapable of making bad games. Even Rising, a game that he's not even directing OR producing OR even writing, will turn out to be amazing because he at least chose the people would take his place. Even Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, seemingly another generic Hack and Slash, will probably reveal itself to be an awesome game in the end, because of KojiPro's collaboration. Everything Kojima Productions touches becomes gold.

I may sound a little bit fanboyish, but I assure you if they ever release an absolutely bad game, I'll be the first one to point it out.
The GC remake of MGS was pretty bad....... I found it unplayable with the new crappier music..... also MGS 3 was so so at best MGS 4 was alittle better.... ZOE was so so as well...I liked ZOE:Fist of mars on the GBA more.....even without radius damage on the weapons...

Mcface

Aug 30, 2009
METAL GEAR SOLID QUANTUM PHYSICS, we cut out all the boring gameplay and force you to watch 30 minute unskippable cut scenes explaining Quantum Physics and their importance in modern society! Yeah!