No Science, Please, We're Insane Clowns

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
No Science, Please, We're Insane Clowns

A group of Noisebridge members who attempted to explain the miracle of science to Juggalos were shocked to learn that the Insane Clown Posse isn't actually interested in learning how magnets work.

"Noisebridge [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs] community to attempt to answer ICP's many questions.

Dressed in Juggalo makeup and lab coats and calling itself the Insane Clown Polytechnic, the group headed out to an ICP show in San Francisco with a number of diagrams explaining the science behind natural phenomena like butterflies, eclipses and magnets. Despite some concerns about their message being taken the wrong way, they found the response of the Juggalos waiting in line "far exceeded" their expectations.

Unfortunately, the band itself reacted in a rather different fashion, sending a couple of its crew outside the venue to run them off. One of the Noisebridge team wrote [http://twitter.com/sfslim/status/15528888056] on his own Twitter account that "Corp, Dougie & Sugar Slam ran those scientist haters off." According to the Noisebridgers, however, they weren't run off but left the area after all the Juggalos had gone inside.

Whatever the case, the rejection shouldn't have come as too much of a surprise: ICP made it clear in the song that while it doesn't really understand how the natural world works, it's not especially interested in learning about it, either. "I don't wanna talk to a scientist, y'all motherf**kers lying, and getting me pissed," the duo wrote. I guess that sense of wonder only goes so far.

Source: Laughing Squid [http://laughingsquid.com/noisebridge-attempts-to-teach-science-to-juggalos-at-insane-clown-posse-show-in-san-francisco/]

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
And no link to the LRR song?

It's pointless trying to teach science to Christian clowns, and to be honest, not worth the effort anyway.

Ironic Pirate

May 21, 2009
http://www.cracked.com/blog/learn-your-motherfuckin-science-with-the-icp/

Go Cracked!

ICP sound like dicks. No idea what kind of music they play, or how good it is, but I would not listen to it.

WrongSprite

Resident Morrowind Fanboy
Aug 10, 2008
What a bunch of massive douchebags. That's why I don't listen to their crap.

Doug

Apr 23, 2008
thenumberthirteen said:
It's pointless trying to teach science to Christian clowns, and to be honest, not worth the effort anyway.
So long as creationists and 'christian science' fans have a vote in the USA, I think its worth the effort to try and de-indocrate them.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
Hilarious! Ok, I know what magnetism is (not what causes it, mind; nobody knows that exactly), and why some substances are magnetic and others aren't. Yet I have never listened to ICP, and apparently I am not welcome to. Ok, whatever...

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Wow, usually when you ask a question you, want an answer. Typically when you want an answer, people will happily provide you with one. It is frowned upon when you act toward them in a negative fashion.

AvsJoe

Elite Member
May 28, 2009
Aww, they be hatin' on Faygo. That means I don't like them...

I grew up in a town within farting distance of Detroit so I drank a lot of Faygo as a kid. It's not as good as the name brands (you know the two) but it's got a pretty good distinctive flavour. Faygo cream soda is especially good.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
Doug said:
thenumberthirteen said:
So long as creationists and 'christian science' fans have a vote in the USA, I think its worth the effort to try and de-indocrate them.
True, but I think the Christian Rap Clowns are not the key demographic to focus our efforts towards.

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
God bless scientists.

Edit image isn't working :(

link instead
xkcd [http://xkcd.com/585/]

scnj

Nov 10, 2008
crudus said:
Wow, usually when you ask a question you, want an answer. Typically when you want an answer, people will happily provide you with one. It is frowned upon when you act toward them in a negative fashion.
Unless it's a rhetorical question, of course.

Caliostro

Headhunter
Jan 23, 2008
It's ICP... I'd bet money they have their mothers help them "RITE DA LYRUCZ" so someone can translate that shit into half-proper English.

They don't know how magnets work... do they know how ANYTHING works? Explaining any kind of science to them is like trying to convey quantum mechanics to plywood.

Doug said:
thenumberthirteen said:
There's another option... Less ethical, more practical! :D

Blimey

Nov 10, 2009
thenumberthirteen said:
And no link to the LRR song?

In what universe is ICP Christian? Just wondering...

Anyway ICP sucks anyway, along with their stupid fans who think being a "Juggalo" is just the best.

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
scnj said:
crudus said:
Unless it's a rhetorical question, of course.
But why would you ask one of those?

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
Damn it Escapist, I managed to go my whole life without actually listening to that rubbish, but your soft voice and comforting words let my guard down into a dark dark place... with shit music.

I could have really gone on with life without having to hear that, but the awful is now in my head.

new_age_reject

Lives in dactylic hexameter.
Dec 28, 2008
People that listen to ICP are fucking morons.
I don't care that this comment is 'hating' but it's true.
The band is ridiculous and their music/message is retarded.

TsunamiWombat

Sep 6, 2008
A Non-Fan answers questions!

A Juggalo is: A fan of the Insane Clown Posse. It's an intense community, damn near a gang or a club.

Insane Clown Possee is: Insane Clown Possee (or ICP) is a punk..rap...you know I don't know what the fuck they actually are. They play rap music I guess.

I had no idea they were a Christian band either. Huh.

...Wierd. I just don't see those two going together.