Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" May Actually Be About Star Trek

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Ke$ha's "Tik Tok" May Actually Be About Star Trek

Dear Ke$ha: you're among friends here. You can admit that "Tik Tok" is actually a love letter to Star Trek.

Ke$sha <a href=http://www.esquire.com/the-side/qa/kesha-pics-081309>has admitted that her hit pop song, "Tik Tok," was inspired by how she felt after an epic night of partying, with lyrics written in bits and pieces before she collapsed into a drunken sleep on her bed. However, a new video on YouTube shows that the song might secretly have been written as a narrative for the original Star Trek series' more epic moments.

The fan-made video is pretty hysterical, showing off just how much the crew from the Enterprise enjoyed playing dress-up, dancing, and fighting each other. There are a ton of big moments here: when Kirk wound up sitting on a Tribble, when Spock played the harp, when Uhura danced drunkenly, and when Sulu jumped out of a door shirtless (you're welcome, ladies) while holding a fencing foil. The frightening thing is that all of these scenes actually correspond to lyrics in the song.

Normally, I have no patience for this song and even less for Ke$ha herself, but I actually enjoyed myself when I watched the Star Trek video because it was just so goofy. Did Kirk really dress up as a Native American medicine man at one point? Apparently. Just like how the show apparently featured way more dance sequences than I remember seeing in the reruns I watched as a child.

The entire video is ridiculous, but it's funny and will make any Star Trek fan grin when they spot a moment they remember from the show. That's more than I ever smiled while watching the song's <a href=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP6XpLQM2Cs>official music video.

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

Swaki

Apr 15, 2009
hell yes!, the song is still awful but damn that was funny ^^ just what i needed after getting my ass handed to me by fraught in magic ^^

Hiphophippo

Nov 5, 2009
Bambi Puce said:
What? You want congratulations for finding a Star Trek AMV?
I don't think so...
Because this is an anime music video. You're right.

A friend linked me this earlier today. Pretty lulzy.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Bambi Puce said:
What? You want congratulations for finding a Star Trek AMV?
I don't think so...
AMV? Star Trek is not an Anime. >.<

OT: That was cool! Better than most Fan Made Music Videos you can find. A hell of a lot better.

Calumon: I could make one... maybe... probably not.

dragontiers

The Temporally Displaced
Feb 26, 2009
Alright, that was hilarious. I had to laugh a few times. It didn't match up as much as I hoped, but it was still really well done.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
That was pretty hilarious. Kudos to those who made this.

I actually like the song, its catchy.

[sub]Now to fend of the quotes[/sub]

crudus

Oct 20, 2008
Can't you do that with any song and any series? How much I am impressed is inversely related with how much editing there is. Example: Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon required no editing and they sync up pretty well. This just forced the video to match the song. I am unimpressed. I am however greatly amused.

Ringwraith

Absolutely Useless
Jan 15, 2009
Who'd have thought that two fairly terrible things put together would be so hilarious.

There certainly was a lot of doing nothing on the Enterprise.

Deofuta

Nov 10, 2009
Bah, I despise that woman's song. Feth, I hate all of her songs. My sister seems to love it, and every time she gets in the car she turns it on.

Maybe its the way she says "Everybody gettin crunk, boys try to touch mah junk"

BAJHAHAHJ BKLJBASO RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE *Curbstomp's Babies face*

Yeah, I feel strongly about this issue

Also, why the hate? Was he asking for congratulations? No. Did he post something that could be relevant to the majority of visitors to this website? Yes.

Morbid889

Jun 22, 2010
Yeah, AMV actually means "Animated Music Video" It can fall into any category of media and still be called an AMV.

The topic title made it out to be like Ke$ha was a Star Trek fan and secretly wrote the song about Star Trek.

But really, this is just a boring youtube video, and I honestly feel like my time was completely wasted. Hence why I signed up to this forum, and now I will log out and never come back. Just had to say you wasted my time today.

RvLeshrac

This is a Forum Title.
Oct 2, 2008
crudus said:
Can't you do that with any song and any series? How much I am impressed is inversely related with how much editing there is. Example: Wizard of Oz and Dark Side of the Moon required no editing and they sync up pretty well. This just forced the video to match the song. I am unimpressed. I am however greatly amused.
This.

Amusing, but deserving of a news post? Meh.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Pimppeter2 said:

RAWR!

Your taste in music is different than mine!

RAWR!

Honestly, we all like what we like...And nothing anyone says should ever change that.

That said...It's good to remember those moments from Star Trek again.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
Morbid889 said:
Yeah, AMV actually means "Animated Music Video" It can fall into any category of media and still be called an AMV.

The topic title made it out to be like Ke$ha was a Star Trek fan and secretly wrote the song about Star Trek.

But really, this is just a boring youtube video, and I honestly feel like my time was completely wasted. Hence why I signed up to this forum, and now I will log out and never come back. Just had to say you wasted my time today.
Well, I'm just glad we could be of service...

Pimppeter2 said:

I know what you mean, it isn't a great song, but its catchy enough to warrant a download.