E3 2010: Splatterhouse Hands On

Feb 13, 2008
Dammit, no PC version? Bah. Loved how creepy Splatterhouse was but I was only mediocre at it.

Still pulls some of the best "BOO, you're dead." [http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/LastDitchMove] moves ever though. Bloody maggots.

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
Interesting, however I'd rather see them develop new horror IPs than re-doing old ones.

Something to keep an eye on though.

Dr. wonderful

Dec 31, 2009
Oh, after three years of no Info, I get this?

*step feet with intense anger*

You better have a good reason mister.

squidbuddy99

Jun 29, 2009
Any second now, a horde of mothers and lawyers will come together to ***** about this. Seriously, Splatterhouse, this is not helping the gaming community.

Mr.Kitetsu

Mar 7, 2010
that looks so sweet shame I preordered fallout:nv instead :\
probably going to regret it as well

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
Huh. It's a good thing I'm not particularly interested in this, seeing there's an extremely good chance that we won't be seeing it here in Australia. Hope you guys enjoy it though!

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
As it is, it will be lucky to sell 150k, add Kratos to it as the protagonist and the same game sells a million.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I remember playing the original Splatterhouse on the Turbo graphics. I liked the cartoony graphics and gore in place of actual blood and guts. Made the game stick in my head more. Never could beat the final boss though. Too many monsters coming at me while I tried to kill...what was the last boss? The actual house? Your girlfriend? Both?

OT: Pass on this game probably. Too bloody for my taste.

Falseprophet

Jan 13, 2009
The 12-year-old me loved playing this game in the arcade. But after three God of Wars and other similar M-rated games, does a Splatterhouse update really add anything new? Still, if it focuses on style and fun and doesn't get sidetracked into RPG-elements or other distractions it could be a good way to kill a few hours.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well it certainly dosnt make any illusions to what its not, and, I respect it for that, Looks like it is fun and should be thotughly entertaining!

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
Awesome. Too bad it's not for PC. :(

http://i436.photobucket.com/albums/qq84/DurrHurr/games%20misc/splatterhouse.jpg

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
A game simply about revelling in combat, I can get behind that!
Here's hoping the controls are good and what voice acting there is isn't bad.

bjj hero

Feb 4, 2009
I played it to death on the megadrive. Im not sure I'll be so keen as a 3D brawler. With the exception of ninja gaiden and Arkham asylum these games don't really grab me.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
bjj hero said:
I played it to death on the megadrive. Im not sure I'll be so keen as a 3D brawler. With the exception of ninja gaiden and Arkham asylum these games don't really grab me.
No, but they certain grab lots of things! Ha, ha!

I'll go sit in the corner... again.

C4N4DUCK18

Jun 9, 2010
Splatterhouse was next to Harvest Moon? LOL that kid is going to be scarred for life! Not to mention their parents pissed! Sounds interesting, but I'm not really a fighting/brawler gamer, so probably not going to get.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Andronicus said:
Huh. It's a good thing I'm not particularly interested in this, seeing there's an extremely good chance that we won't be seeing it here in Australia. Hope you guys enjoy it though!
My thoughts exactly. If visible blood effects on enemies is enough for a ban (Silent Hill: Homecoming), this doesn't stand a chance. Sounds like a nice bout of crazy, violent fun though if it does get through. Not exactly my kind of game, but looks like its worth trying.