Anime Review: Dragon Ball Z Kai

Norman Rafferty

Mar 18, 2009
Anime Review: Dragon Ball Z Kai

The best anime ever is now even better, and if you can?t enjoy it, you have no soul. Say it with me, now: Ka-me-ha-me HA!

Read Full Article

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
I was tarting to enjoy it but they took out whole episodes. Good ones too. Like when Vegita and the big bald guy stop at the bug planet on their way to earth, save the population from an iron fisted ruler, than destroy the entire planet. I love that episode.

Or the one where the original fighters get sent into that holodeck thing that replicated the last day of the sayan planet and have a fake fight to the death.

It was like one episode Piccolo dumps Gohan in the wilderness and in the next Goku reaches King Kai's.
Love the show, hate the butcher job.
Toonami rocked and gave the show a much better theme song.
This one was good too:

TheGreenManalishi

May 22, 2008
GonzoGamer said:
I was tarting to enjoy it but they took out whole episodes. Good ones too. Like when Vegita and the big bald guy stop at the bug planet on their way to earth, save the population from an iron fisted ruler, than destroy the entire planet. I love that episode.

Or the one where the original fighters get sent into that holodeck thing that replicated the last day of the sayan planet and have a fake fight to the death.

It was like one episode Piccolo dumps Gohan in the wilderness and in the next Goku reaches King Kai's.
That's much closer to the pacing of the manga. Goku starts on Snake Way on one page and is training with Kai on (almost) the next.

Benicus

Jul 28, 2008
Nice review, I have yet to watch Dragonball Kai but plan on doing it when its all been released. Only last year I went through and watched all of Dragonball to the end of Dragonball GT and loved it :)

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
I bought it on blu ray, and definitely loved the newly inserted scenes, especially quality wise. I'm more excited for the later episodes though, hopefully they come soon.

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
TheGreenManalishi said:
GonzoGamer said:

That's much closer to the pacing of the manga. Goku starts on Snake Way on one page and is training with Kai on (almost) the next.
Yea but I can't work out while reading the comic.
And the music on toonami is so much better; please see my earlier edited post.

Nimbus

Token Irish Guy
Oct 22, 2008
GonzoGamer said:

Those episodes never happened in the Manga: They were put in to stall for time while the manga worked ahead because they are released slower than anime.

Pyode

Jul 1, 2009
This actually sounds cool. I haven't watched DBZ in a while. After I watched the original Dragon Ball, DBZ just didn't compare. Maybe with this refined version I'll give it a shot.

Apr 28, 2008
Huh, sounds interesting. Seems like it'll be a nice romp down memory lane, minus the fillers.

I'll be sure to check this out.

Although now thanks to Dragon Ball Z abridged I'll never be able to watch it with a straight face, but eh, whatever.

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
I kinda dropped Dragonball once I started getting into One Piece but might pick it up again.

I take it this is remaking the old series yeah?

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Best ever? I don't know... Digimon Tamers is pretty damn sweet, and so's Death Note. But then again...

Calumon: Cha-la Head Cha-la!

DaxStrife

Late Reviewer
Nov 29, 2007
Thank GOD. The original series was in dire need of editing.
Still not as brief and entertaining as "DBZ: Abridged," of course.

Jon Etheridge

Appsro Animation
Apr 28, 2009
I've been hoping that they would trim this show down for years. I'm very happy to hear that it has been done and I look forward to checking this out. I loved the manga but the show and its 20 minutes worth of grunting, staring and recycled fight scenes got a little old. I mean that fight with Freiza lasted what? 20 something episodes?

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
Well I haven't watched DBZ in a while so I'll buy it to also see the improvements they did.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
I loved the original series, so, ill be looking into this for sure! Looks like not lost any charm!

demoman_chaos

May 25, 2009
Jon Etheridge said:
I've been hoping that they would trim this show down for years. I'm very happy to hear that it has been done and I look forward to checking this out. I loved the manga but the show and its 20 minutes worth of grunting, staring and recycled fight scenes got a little old. I mean that fight with Freiza lasted what? 20 something episodes?
The Freiza fight didn't last long compared to Cell vs Gohan. The energy duel at the very end alone took quite a few episodes.