Vuvuzelas Show Up to Ruin Doom, Too

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Vuvuzelas Show Up to Ruin Doom, Too

The noble vuvuzela horn now has another purpose beyond irritating people trying to watch the World Cup: It can kill cyberdemons, too!

If you've been one of the millions of people watching the World Cup in South Africa this month, you're probably familiar with the constant drone of five thousand vuvuzelas blowing in the background. They've been slightly controversial, to put it mildly.

But now you can put the vuvuzela to good use. Now, you can use it to murder demons on Mars!

The video you see is, of course, a mod of id Software's iconic Doom, showing us what happens when the BFG is replaced by BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ. The results ain't pretty to look at - and they ain't much to listen to, either.

(MTV Multiplayer [http://kotaku.com/5571540/vuvuzelas-can-even-ruin-doom])

afaceforradio

Jul 29, 2009
OH GOD MY EYES, EARS AND OTHER DAMAGEABLE ORIFICES.

Can you imagine playing that on YouTube with their Vuvuzela button!? Sweet zombie Jesus that would kill ME let alone Doom baddies.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
Urgh, cant even escape these things playing Doom.

OT:nicely done with the vid, certainly is a weapon of mass destruction.

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Hahaha, that was awesome.
I mean, horribly annoying...but very funny.
You win this round, vuvuzelas....

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
I'm not the only who thinks that, if you weren't actually watching the video, it would sound like death by bee swarm, am I?

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
SharPhoe said:
I'm not the only who thinks that, if you weren't actually watching the video, it would sound like death by bee swarm, am I?
I was listening to it through headphones (I'm at work) and when I pulled 'em off halfway through (for obvious reasons) I realized that from a distance it sounded EXACTLY like a bunch of angry bees!

As to the video.... I've done some ugly things to Imps. I've seen horrible things done to Imps by others. But this was just low.

Snowden's Secret

Apr 4, 2010
It's quite convenient the way most of the enemies die, as the blood mainly appears from the head area, giving the impression the sound actually melting their eardrums.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Oh wow...lol. I cant believe these things have gotten so popular...

Mantonio

Apr 15, 2009
I hate Vuvuzelas.

Which country invented them? Because that country shall be purged with Nuclear fire.

THUS SPAKE DARKSEID.

Jun 26, 2009
Mantonio said:
I hate Vuvuzelas.

Which country invented them? Because that country shall be purged with Nuclear fire.

THUS SPAKE DARKSEID.
Ugh me too...
Unfortunetly it was plobaly some english football holigan that give our country a bad name...
blody chavs.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Vuvuzelas sound like a swarm of bees to me.

But yeah, they are all annoying as hell and people who blow them need to be shot.

Deadlock Radium

Mar 29, 2009
BlueInkAlchemist said:
From elsewhere on the forums:

I laughed a lot at that one.

OT: Awesome mod.
"OH SHITE! WE'RE BEING INVADED FROM MARS!"
"BRING ME MY VUVUZUELA!"
*BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ*
"The invaders are gone, sir."
I can really picture that.