Question of the Day, June 26, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, June 26, 2010

Publicity is ramping up in anticipation of next Wednesday's debut of the next movie in the Twilight saga, Eclipse. It's time to choose your team. So, whose side are you on?

Sparrow

Feb 22, 2009
How about, Team ARE YOU SERIOUS? Where's the "I'd rather read My Immortal" option?

Higurashi

Jan 23, 2008
While I do agree with Spawwow for the reason that I dislike how the story portrays an abusive relation as true love, it also makes the poll an easy one for me. You need only ask yourself who the least abusive one is.

Jack and Calumon

Digimon are cool.
Dec 29, 2008
Team Calumon!

Calumon: Everyone on my team gets cake!

Well, since most of you want Calumon so much. I quickly threw up a poster!

Calumon: Don't stop Believing!

Edward? Never heard of him!

PandyBear

Oct 24, 2008
Neither, Twilight blows mucho ass.
Unless of course there's Team: I'll hide for a month or so, for twilight and all its angsty fans to go away.

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Really? I'm speechless. How did you miss that almost all people here hate Twilight?

Sparrow said:
How about, Team ARE YOU SERIOUS?
You know, this is exactly what I wanted to write, but you ninja'd me on it.

Lazarus Long said:
[/spoiler][/QUOTE]

Ha, that's awesome!

Also, didn't the last movie only come out like half a year ago?? How fast are they throwing these onto the market?!?

Sun Flash

Fus Roh Dizzle
Apr 15, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
Hopefully, no-one realises I voted for Edward.
I'm on to you... >_>

OT: While both sides would benefit from a (silver) bullet to the head, as far as
I am aware Stephanie Meyer's werewolves don't sparkle. so them. Still not voting though.

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
Funny, I was having a similar conversation about this recently, but it ended with me saying: "If you finish that question I swear to God I will murder you on the spot."

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
It's very hard to decide due to the complex narrative that is the Twilight Saga, I think one really has put themselves in her shoes and have Bella's experience to be able to make a choice, it's hard because it's ofcourse eternal love and all. I think if you study the subtext of Eclipse especially you'll find some issues on dealing with the after effects of an important decision and whether the human mind has a lasting decision on it's emotional drive. Stephanie Meyer managed to make a very relateable and well driven series that made people look at themselves in a different way and re-evaluate what it means to be human.

Is what I would say if the books even counted as literature or art whatsoever, so fuck those people *continues using it as toilet paper*

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
This Question of the Day is the first I've heard of the third movie. In fact, I didn't even know they were making it (though it was inevitable). I'm pretty proud of this... :)

As for the movie itself, I'll do what I did with the previous two - Wait for the DVD release, rent it and laugh my arse off with my GF. Some of the best comedy these days. :p

Also, GO Team Blade!

EDIT: Am I the only one who thinks whoever made this QotD is flamebaiting a little? :p

And If I absolutely had to pick one, it'd be Jacob, since he's less of a douchebag.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Jack and Calumon said:
Team Calumon!

Can I join team Calumon?

OT:

Seriously.

Team Calumon.

SomeBoredGuy

Nov 18, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
Team Calumon!

Wait, did you say cake?

*puts on "Team Calumon t-shirt, Calumon hat and gets out huge "Team Calumon" sign*

OT: Where's the option for Team "That truck driver who almost ran over Bella at the start of the series and ended it there are then"?