Cactus at the Speed of Light

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
Cactus at the Speed of Light

What do you get when you combine a fertile imagination, Game Maker, and cactus? Lots and lots of games.

Read Full Article

zoozilla

Dec 3, 2007
I've been using Game Maker for a while, but there's no way I could make a game in a day, let alone 4 hours.

The guy's talented, no doubt about it.

Nathan Meunier

Nov 19, 2007
I've actually dabbled with Game Maker myself a few years back. It's a pretty awesome program for beginners (and experts alike) that can be extended through by learning optinoal GM script/coding.

Eagle Est1986

That One Guy
Nov 21, 2007
Impressive stuff, I'll have to remember to check out his stuff when I get out of work. I'd do it here but the company filters his site.

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
I'm planning to buy The Game Maker's Apprentice soon enough as a starter so I can build up a small portfolio before I graduate, I'll be teaching myself how to program over the summer too so I can hopefully get a work placement in my third year with Rockstar Leeds. These are pretty epic, 4 hours, you say? It took me a few weeks to come up with my first game and it wasn't too good, if anyone's interested here's the link.

http://www.yoyogames.com/games/show/49356

Anyway, as I say, it's not that good and a lack of ideas has stopped me from making more. However, I fully intend to do some more games when I get the right ideas :)

Ergonomix

Aug 27, 2008
Whoah. I actually "knew" Cactus back in the day, in the internet sort of way. We were both members of a forum for people who made games with Game Maker. He's a cool guy, and surprisingly normal considering the surreality of his games. It's cool that he seems to be getting semi-internet-famous recently.