Dead Rising 2 Release Date Shoved Back

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Dead Rising 2 Release Date Shoved Back

Looks like we're going to have to wait a little longer before we get to kill some more zombies.

If you've been waiting for Dead Rising 2 with baited breath, then Capcom has some bad news for you. The game's release date has been pushed back by nearly a month, though no reason for the delay has been revealed.

Capcom confirmed that the game will be released in North America a few days before it is in Europe. Here in the States, gamers will be able to buy the game on September 28th, while our European brethren will have access to it come October 1st. Originally, Dead Rising 2 was due out on August 31.

Dead Rising 2 will be released on PC, Susan Arendt's E3 video interview with Mike Schmidt [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74655] for more details.

If, however, you need a more immediate zombie fix, take heart and remember that <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.204757-Free-Dead-Rising-Movie-Zombifying-World-This-Summer>Capcom is releasing a Dead Rising movie this summer.

Source: <a href=http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gamehunters/post/2010/06/dead-rising-2-release-pushed-to-september-28/1>USA Today

Swarley

Apr 5, 2010
That picture is pretty bad ass, shame we will have to wait even longer for it, first one was great zombie killing fun. I never really bothered with the story though, just killed zombies, for hours.

Last Bullet

Apr 28, 2010
See that picture? Chuck isn't yelling about the zombies, he's upset he's getting delayed. Any ideas why it got pushed back?

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
That makes mne sad ; ; was going to be released on my B-day!

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
It's not that long, and hopefully they will use the time to fix any issues they are having, as opposed to releasing a patch later on.

Jsnoopy

Nov 20, 2008
Hopefully they will use this time to make the walkie talkie less annoying..... that would be time well spent, in my book.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
One month? What are we going to do for a month? I need zombie carnage nowz!

In all seriousness, it's not that big of a deal. Take a month! Get back to me with more destruction, YES!

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Does anyone else remember when the release date was supposed to be February? Yeah... but oh well, I still haven't beaten the first one yet so I guess it gives me extra time to finish it up.

khaimera

Perfect Strangers
Jun 23, 2009
Hazy said:
Whew. Only a month?

Good, I'm just glad it wasn't longer.
Me too, I freaked out when I saw the headline.

I'm also proud that I have managed to avoid the interview from E3. I love this game so much I can't risk any spoilers.

The DSM

Apr 18, 2009
*Sigh* I have £100 free and theres nothing to buy!

Ill just wait that extra month...