Dungeons and Dragons: Never Split the Party Contest Now Live!

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
Dungeons and Dragons: Never Split the Party Contest Now Live!

[http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/DnD]

[HEADING=2]Never Split the Party![/HEADING]

Wizards of the Coast wants to fly your former gaming group to GenCon!

Do you miss your old D&D buddies from years ago? Have work, family or possibly incarceration split up the gang? Wizards of the Coast want to give you a chance to reconnect with the rest of your party at GenCon 2010. The company's second annual Never Split the Party contest asks gamers to submit an essay of 300 words or less on why your gaming group should be reunited. The winner, and up to five other people in his or her gaming group, will be flown up to GenCon, put up for three nights and be given four-day passes to the convention. Head over to their site (HERE [http://www.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/4dnd/neversplittheparty]) to get started!

To sweeten the deal, we are running a contest so that you can update all those old materials you have lost, given away, or desperately need! Simply fill out the information on our contest page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/contests/register/DnD] and you will be automatically entered in to win one of two ultimate prize packs!

[li]"Ultimate Campaign Pack" - Grand History of the Realms, Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide, Eberron Campaign Guide, Dragons of Eberron, Dragon and Dungeon Magazine Annuals and assorted minis! [/li]

[li]"Super Scary Monster Pack" - Monster Manual 1, 2 and 3; Dragon and Dungeon Magazine Annuals and assorted minis[/li]

We're also asking you to share those same memories with us on our forums. Simply post the reasons [LINK] why you think your gaming group should be considered. If you don't already have a gaming group, use that forum thread to meet new players or gain advice on how to best win the contest over on the Wizards of the Coast site!

Please note: All participants must be 13 years of age to enter. Open to U.S. and Canada residents only.

Talvrae

The Purple Fairy
Dec 8, 2009
I wont help prmote the abobination that is D&D 4th edition... i stick to ShadowRun thanks

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Aaand it's US & Canada only. Excuse me while I get some ink and my "IGNORED!" stamp.

Hurr Durr Derp

Apr 8, 2009
"Open to U.S. and Canada residents only."

Any word on whether or not you guys are ever gonna include the rest of the world in your contests? I know there are supposed to be legal issues or something, but a simple "no" or at least "not in the foreseeable future" would go a long way to prevent me from getting excited about a sweet contest and then getting all disappointed when I'm not allowed to play with the cool kids.

ThaBenMan

Mandalorian Buddha
Mar 6, 2008
I'm one of those lost souls that never had a gaming group :'( None of my friends in school were ever very interested in RPGs.

ItsAPaul

Mar 4, 2009
My group's been getting together off and on for probably 5-ish years now. The core remains the same people, but we usually have 1-2 spots open for other people we know to join in. The biggest problem with upgrading to 4.0 for us would be getting the DM all the books he needs to make a campaign in the first place. We tried once with a different DM the week 4.0 came out, but he really didn't change how he made encounters to the way you're supposed to in 4.0 so that game lasted all of 15 minutes maybe before we gave up. Our new DM would definitely try it out, but he wouldn't buy the new stuff on his own since he has everything for 3.5, thus the players have no reason to buy PHBs and such for 4.0 to try it out also.

saphirekosmos

Dec 25, 2008
well it has been almost a year since my group has really played. Since I moved to Chico in order to go to college we have not been able to game (note that Chico is about and 8 hour trip from my hometown). Though I love to game with them we simply haven't had the change to have any real games. A few of us got together when I went back for a couple weeks in the summer but it wasn't the same. It would be awesome to be able to see them all again. That Iand i could use some minis and books for my own game up here. ^_^

Sephiwind

Darth Conservative
Aug 12, 2009
I actualy really enjoy 4th edition. I don't understand why there is so much hate. My gaming group has been playing for almost 10 years now, the past 2 1/2 with 4th edition. We were all really skeptical about the new edition but after 2 1/2 years we have gone from level 1-17 with out losing a single character.

This was an amazing thing coming from 3/3.5 where we all ways had to prepare multiple characters since you all ways lost a character each level We have actually been able to grow our characters which really is a new experience for us. Sure we have times where we have almost lost character but the game no longer feels like it's built specifically to kill your character.

TheEpic_1

Mmmm.. Zephyr Biscut
Jan 8, 2010
Hurr Durr Derp said:

Any word on whether or not you guys are ever gonna include the rest of the world in your contests? I know there are supposed to be legal issues or something, but a simple "no" or at least "not in the foreseeable future" would go a long way to prevent me from getting excited about a sweet contest and then getting all disappointed when I'm not allowed to play with the cool kids.
agreed. has it got something to do with a legal thing or is the escapist just too tight-ass to pay for postage????

EMFCRACKSHOT

Not quite Cthulhu
May 25, 2009
Hurr Durr Derp said:

My thoughts exactly. And that makes *counts* eight of us in this thread alone.

Fenixius

Feb 5, 2007
I would have loved to enter, but apparently, Escapist's promotional team don't understand that they're one of the most international websites around. Hurry up and let me try to win this stuff, gods damn it.

COBOLProgram

Jan 16, 2009
My gaming group should be considered because I am the director of my university's gaming club. Many of our members enjoy playing D&D and other role-playing games, but cannot afford to acquire source material and other things necessary for play. Should I win, I would give the material to Gaming Association of Penn State for our game collection. This would enable many more people to find the joy of role-playing.

Shadow XXVII

Apr 5, 2010
My group started eight years ago with just me and a friend. Since then we have grown to six people. We haven't been able to play in ages because we've all gone to college two years ago. We try to play during the summer but we haven't had a lot of time. If we get the trip to Gen Con or the gaming supplies we will definitely be able to hang out more.

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
Two words. Fumble Chart. The greatest casual D&D invention ever made. That is why my D&D group needs to get back together.

Rocketboy13

Oct 21, 2008
My group hasn't fractured entirely yet. The guy who started it went off to join the military, and I am leaving to go to grad school (and will probably be joined by another member in the area of Tallahassee in the future, but the rest of the group is either going out of state for grad school, or not going anywhere).

If we win the trip, this will probably be the last hurray for us as a group before time gradually pulls us all apart.