Microsoft Hiring for new Halo Game

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Microsoft Hiring for new Halo Game

Reach [http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75976] might be Bungie's last Halo game, but it certainly isn't Microsoft's.

343 Industries, the internal studio set up by Microsoft to take over the Halo series, is recruiting new talent to work on its next project. 343 has posted over twenty job listings in the last week for everything from concept artists to systems designers. The listings say that 343 wants to bring "a fresh vision into a new Halo experience"

"343 Industries is forging the future of Halo, expanding and building upon one of the most important and successful franchises in gaming history," says 343 on its site. "343 is set to revolutionize gaming and entertainment by putting the industry's fiercest talent in one room and diving for cover. Come be part of the awesome."

Obviously, at this incredibly early stage, details on the project are non-existent, but considering the huge following the Halo series has, it's no surprise that a new installment is being put into development.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=254150]

Crayzor

Aug 16, 2009
With Bungie gone, it really does seem like Microsoft are milking the franchise (more than they were already)

HK_01

Jun 1, 2009
Why won't they let it die? It was good while it lasted, but Halo 3 was the end of the story.

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Ah, to flog the dead horse...I see what they are doing...and, I am sure many people will still buy it...If they can refresh it, im all for it...but if its more of the same then..

Protocol95

May 19, 2010
http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

OT: I want Halo to die the right way. IMO that's Reach. If these new halos fail i'll go the star wars fan boy route and delcare them non-canon.

Pimppeter2

Dec 31, 2008
Really, more installments of a popular game?

STOP DA PRESSES!

What's next? Another GTA game? Another Final Fantasy Game? When will this madness end
[sub]Not pointed at Logan's article, but the people who will inevitable post about "milking" a series. Even though ever release nowadays is basically guaranteed to become a trilogy[/sub]

Hybridwolf

Aug 14, 2009
Urgh...

Reach is my last chance for Halo. Hell, the only reason I'm giving it one is because dead rising 2 has been delayed again. But I tried the beta, and I'm worried the mutiplayer is just going to be more of the same: bullshit.

Ponchponcho

Apr 19, 2010
Nothing can be accomplished in future halos that cant simply be done in map packs or DLC, no? Or is there really that huge of a halo story community?

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Just let Reach be the last one. Oh well, time to block out all other Halo news except Reach and Bungie!

Trivun

Stabat mater dolorosa
Dec 13, 2008
[HEADING=1]THEY ARE NOT MILKING IT![/HEADING]

At least, no more than Infinity Ward or Activision are milking CoD, or Valve have milked Half-Life or whoever does the Lego games have milked the, um, Lego games...

There are three main games. Then one RTS, a spinoff (ODST), and now six games when Reach is released in September. I can think of plenty of IPs that have more games than this, and no-one ever complains about those (the entire series spanning around FF7 alone, for instance...). People only complain because Halo is popular.

Anyway, as a longterm fanboy I'm pretty damn pleased for this. I really want to see what happened to John and Cortana at the end of Halo 3. My theory is that the planet they're headed for is Onyx, what with it being pretty damn far outside the range of the rings (perfect place to stick a Shield World, after all), and they'll end up meeting with the rest of Red Team, Mendez, Halsey, and the surviving SPARTAN-IIIs. Given that some Sangheili heading towards Onyx weren't aware of the new truce between them and the humans, they could potentially be enemies again in such a scenario.

And if you understand that, then I applaud your great taste in gaming, as well as congratulate you for being one of the relatively few people around now who still care a lot about storytelling in games.