Mythic Entertainment Becomes BioWare Mythic

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mythic Entertainment Becomes BioWare Mythic

Mythic Entertainment has been renamed yet again and will now officially be known as BioWare Mythic.

merged [http://www.mythicentertainment.com/] into a single RPG/MMOG under the direction of BioWare co-founder Ray Muzyka.

It's probably not a big surprise, then, that Mythic has once again been re-handled as BioWare Mythic. While the new name has never been formally announced, an EA rep told Producer's Letter [http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/01/mythic-entertainment-quietly-renamed-to-bioware-mythic/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+weblogsinc%2Fjoystiq+%28Joystiq%29], producer Carrie Gouskos finally put it out to the public.

"As you now know, we are working with GOA to transition the European community over to Bioware Mythic," she wrote. "(Like the fancy new name? We're still getting used to it ourselves)."

Actually, as much as it pains me to be critical of anything related to BioWare, I really don't like it at all. It's awkward, it's kludgy and it just doesn't roll off the tongue. Fortunately, there's still time to take this one back to the drawing board; the Mythic website as well as those of Ultima Online [http://www.warhammeronline.com/] all still refer to the studio as Mythic Entertainment. So let's hear some suggestions!

Baby Tea

Just Ask Frankie
Sep 18, 2008
Biothic!
Mythoware!

I don't really mind the 'Bioware Mythic' name. It's not more awkward then 'Activision Blizzard' (Or was it 'Blizzard Activision'?)

CloudKiller

Rather Irritated Mage
Jun 30, 2008
Both names with great names for gaming studios, "Bioware" Awesome, "Mythic" Great, "Bioware Mythic"... it's like mixing a strawberry trifle with a shepard's pie.

GothmogII

Possessor Of Hats
Apr 6, 2008
Biorhythmic Enterwarement.

Hmm, I haven't really been into any of Mythic's games, although I heard Dark Age of Camelot did pretty well for itself. I guess, this is just BioWare trying to draw in as much talent as they can, especially with relation to MMO's. And, with The Old Republic, they'll probably need all the help they can get. Not that I'm expecting it to flop mind you.

Tourette

Dec 19, 2009
Will it help Warhammer Online from dying? Let's hope so as it could've been such a great game. Maybe there is still time before the final nail is hammered into it's coffin.

SonicWaffle

Oct 14, 2009
Baby Tea said:
Biothic!
Mythoware!

I don't really mind the 'Bioware Mythic' name. It's not more awkward then 'Activision Blizzard' (Or was it 'Blizzard Activision'?)
Blactivision!

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Shit, is shit taken. i jest but how about just Mythic followed by "a division of Bioware".

Loonerinoes

Apr 9, 2009
Rigs83 said:
Shit, is shit taken. i jest but how about just Mythic followed by "a division of Bioware".
Would probably be best in the long run, I think. Although "Shenanigans Interactive" is now officially my new favourite developer name and has ousted "Thatgamecompany"

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Loonerinoes said:
Rigs83 said:
Would probably be best in the long run, I think. Although "Shenanigans Interactive" is now officially my new favourite developer name and has ousted "Thatgamecompany"
Keeping EA out of the title is just a good idea all around. "We-didn't-beat-WoW-yet" a division of BioWare rings more true though.

Apr 28, 2008
They could go EA's route of making fun of the Edge trademark by calling it "Edgetastic".

It would make me laugh at least.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Baby Tea said:
Biothic!
Mythoware!

Nowadays is more just Activiosion.

As for Bioware Mythic, whatever, as long as they release good games.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Not very catchy, is it?

BioMyth Studios; now there's a name.

EDIT: Unbelievable, ninja'd by the guy above.

Virgil

#virgil { display:none; }
Legacy
Jun 13, 2002
Hey, maybe since they merged the names now, BioWare could take control of the Ultima property and provide us with a proper single-player RPG in the series again. That would be swell.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Mythic Busters! I know it leaves out Bioware's name but... still.