Real Life Superhero Patrols Tennessee Streets

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Real Life Superhero Patrols Tennessee Streets

Not exactly more powerful than a locomotive, but definitely worse-dressed than Superman.

If you live in Columbia, Tennessee, take heart. Your crime-ridden city streets are a little safer to walk. The supervillains who have terrorized the town for so long are now cowering in fear. A new champion of justice - known as "The Viper" - has risen up to defend the innocent, protect local businesses, and look just a little bit silly while doing so.

Police in Columbus recently spotted The Viper patrolling the city's town square while armed with shurikens and plastic batons. Unsurprisingly, the cops weren't exactly amused with the would-be vigilante's actions, telling both the young man and local news outlets that they don't need any help from amateurs.

According to <a href=http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/articles/2010/07/04/top_stories/0viper.txt>The Daily Herald, "during his patrol of Columbia, [The Viper] donned Under Armor, carried two plastic sticks and wore a utility belt. On the belt, he stowed a screw driver, wrenches and a cell phone to quickly call police if he stumbled across crime. Officers also found ninja throwing stars inside his car parked near the Bicycle Shop, according to a police report."

The Viper's alter ego is Christian Tyler Hardee, a 20-year-old student pursuing art and chemistry majors at Union University in Jackson, TN. The young man's dream is to eventually become a comic artist after earning some money with his chemistry degree. Hardee admitted that he's a huge comic nerd, but whether he was genuinely trying to be a superhero or just pulling an elaborate joke remains to be determined. One thing's for certain, though: Superheroes that use throwing stars are hardcore and have my full-fledged support.

Source: Red Dog Report, and <a href=http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/articles/2010/07/04/top_stories/0viper.txt>TheDaily Herald

SomeGuyNamedKy

Sep 25, 2008
Probably not the best idea ever, but still, I'll give him props for trying...

And why does he carry a cell phone to call the police? A real superhero doesn't need backup.

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Of course the first thing we all want to know is... has he had the **** kicked out of him yet?

Enigmers

Dec 14, 2008
That sounds hilarious. I wish my neighbourhood had a ridiculously dressed crime-fighter (we don't really have any crime to begin with, which is better.)

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
Meh... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sombra_Negra

Now that's interesting... more punisher than anything else... still interesting.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
Well, he's no Coon, but I suppose he'll do as far as justice delivering goes.

CanadianWolverine

Feb 1, 2008
The cops are probably pissed because the Viper gets to wear a cooler looking uniform. Oh, you didn't know? Uniforms are costumes too, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Just ask a police man some time how empowering (and potentially abusive on other rights when they misuse that power) it is to wear a mask when they suit up in the riot gear.

So essentially, the Viper is a more flamboyant neighborhood watch type person. As long as he carries weapons that don't require a permit, calls in cops, and understands how to properly utilize citizen arrest powers, he should be just fine to have around, could even be a way for city/town council to bring in tourism if they award him some bullshit award or something.

Its not like the guy is Wyatt Earp or whatever.

Oh well, I hope he doesn't try to write a comic book about his experiences, someone already did Kick Ass. Unless he gets to help out with a sequel perhaps?

MGlBlaze

Oct 28, 2009
I approve. xD

In all seriousness he's probably going to get his ass kicked if he's serious about this. He had a mobile phone though, so he had some sense. It's more likely that this was a joke, though.

In either case, I think I'd prefer my costume to consist mostly of riveted chainmail with a bullet-proof vest underneath.

ddq5

I wonder what the character limi
Jun 18, 2009
All I want to know is why he's The Viper and not Mule Man. I used to live in Columbia and mules are all the place is really known for, other than this guy. It's the mule capital of the world and even has an annual Mule Day.

THE MORE YOU KNOW

EDIT: And apparently, according to Wikipedia, he's already one of the city's notable residents. [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Columbia,_Tennessee#Notable_residents]

zombiejoe

Sep 2, 2009
Ewyx said:
Meh... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sombra_Negra

Now that's interesting... more punisher than anything else... still interesting.
Wow, that's crazy

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
I'm going to TN I guess. Dressing as a Super Villain and calling out this Viper. Knock that super jerk down a peg!