Zombie Car Crash Sows Confusion

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
Zombie Car Crash Sows Confusion

Rescue workers had to think twice before helping the undead victims of a highway car crash.

The zombie apocalypse has to begin somewhere. Inevitably, someone's soul will escape from their body and he/she will turn into the undead for an undetermined reason, starting the whole thing off. Just outside Portland, Oregon this week, a highway accident may have given some people the idea that zombies had begun their worldwide takeover.

Police told the press that a car was swerving on I-84's eastbound lanes when it rolled over and landed upside down. When rescue workers made it onto the scene, they found that the car was full of zombies. Oh no!

Though the the proper action would have been to shoot them all in the head and be done with it, the rescue workers were thankfully patient enough to realize that the people in the car were only dressed as zombies and wearing zombie makeup, rather than actually being zombies. Witnesses got a little freaked out at first as the zombie outfits made the victims' injuries appear worse than they actually were. If you're ever the victim of an accident or serious injury, you don't really want to be dressed as a zombie.

The group of undead were reportedly on their way to a party when their vehicle crashed. Nobody was killed, but five ghouls were brought to the hospital with injuries, and it's possible that others in the car were able to flee the scene on foot. If you live near Portland and saw a zombie running down the highway, don't worry, fast-moving zombies don't exist just yet. There is still hope that when zombies do send the world into an apocalyptic state, that they'll at least be slow moving and somewhat easy to avoid.

Source: KGW [http://www.kgw.com/news/local/Car-accident-victims-dressed-like-zombies-confuse-crash-witnesses-98157894.html]

Jul 22, 2009
Ha awesome... I was just re-reading the zombie survival guide today as well... this could have seriously freaked me out... can never be too careful.

Insanum

The Basement Caretaker.
May 26, 2009
Well that[/I] could've been a very nasty shotgun accident.

Good thing no-one from the internet found them first, They'dve killed it with fire.

Cpt_Oblivious

Not Dead Yet
Jan 7, 2009
That's awesome. Yet sad that there was a crash.
Must've been horrible on the paramedics to work out where they'd been injured though.

LaughingAtlas

Nov 18, 2009
Zombies: notoriously bad drivers.
Seriously, though, imagine being the one to discover the victims in that state.

Lvl 64 Klutz

Crowsplosion!
Apr 8, 2008
I imagine watching the ones that got out crawl out of a car wreck dressed as a zombie would be a little ominous.

OctalLord

May 20, 2010
Cpt_Oblivious said:
That's awesome. Yet sad that there was a crash.
Must've been horrible on the paramedics to work out where they'd been injured though.

One would hope that most of the zombie "Wounds" we're just plastic prosthetics that would easily slide/come off. Or perhaps the make-up would have gotten runny(OMG dangerous) when it mixed with the resulting bleeding.

De Ronneman

Dec 30, 2009
Imagine what would've been in the papers if the police had actualy shot them or something...

Sometimes grownups playing dressup has downsides...

luna_moth

May 20, 2009
I'm going up to Portland next week... Better pack the shotgun just to be on the safe side

Kelethor

Jun 24, 2008
This is a trick. The zombies have fooled the authorities and will soon take control of the hospital. from there, they will spread into the city, and then to the world.

The_ModeRazor

Jul 29, 2009
That reminds me of that one time my buddy Keith was out camping...

JK. That's gotta suck, turning over in a car on the highway, surrounded by people chanting "kill it with fire". Poor zombehz ):

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
Well, I guess there's one lesson to be learned; if you ever dress up as a zombie, you better make damn sure that you don't get in a car crash because some people won't help you. Well, at least some people on the internet won't. =P

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
shadowstriker86 said:
PurpleLeafRave said:
I actually thought they were zombies at the start of your post.

That sucks, I got my garden shears ready.
i prefer the crowbar thank you very much
Yeah, but I said that because there were actually garden shears next to me at the time of posting.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
The_ModeRazor said:
That reminds me of that one time my buddy Keith was out camping...
You sneaky ninja you! :p

But yeah, I would have probably shot them. ZOMBIES!