Science!: Sexy Mouse Tears

SeanTheSheep

Jun 23, 2009
Well that's pretty interesting.
I wonder how many people are going to OD on ritalin and prozac in the coming months though...
The mouse thing is fairly interesting, but the mojoceratops easily trumps it, and then waves its silly 80's bone-do at it.

As for the "noise" idea, I'm not all that interested unless it's going to make my life worse, which it probably isn't, considering it's what has been going on in my head my whole life.
Do they know if our brains would function better without the noise though?
Do they know what causes the noise?
Damn you science, every time you answer a question you produce several more!

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Wow...Well, Ill never look at mice the same way again. ...As long as people odnt try and start milking there tears XD

tehbeard

Jul 9, 2008
I hope this "brain noise" isn't going to scupper plans for Comp-Brain Interfaces.

Also, mojoceratops, what an aweseome name for a dinosaur.

ImpostorZim

Jan 7, 2009
That's amazing. I didn't know our brains could process so much information. I'm always interested in finding out how drugs affect our brain as well. There's a reason we react the way we do when we're under influences like drugs and alchohol.

Avaholic03

May 11, 2009
Lots of psych stuff this week. As always, a very interesting read.

That first article kind of makes me wonder how much "better" the brain could be if it was tuned. That "noise" almost seems analogous to useless processes going on in a computer. Like perhaps everyone has a virus or some spyware running in their brain.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
My brain isn't noisy, I use water cooling.

Two perfectly legal drugs, when mixed, have the same effect as an illegal one. Two wrongs don't make a right, but do two rights make a wrong?

Mojoceratops got all the chicks while prehistoric man cried and was ignored.

The Random One

May 29, 2008
Insert Austin Powers joke re: mojoceratops here.

The drugs thing just goes to show that drugs are bad, even if they come in nice white boxes and the pills have pretty logos in them. Medicine for people with real problems keep being used by people who can't endure the dregs of being human. Me, I tend to only take aspirin if I'm seriously in pain.

Did the study determine the tears were 800% more effective if only one was shed down the rat's stoic face?

Ken Sapp

Cat Herder
Apr 1, 2010
008Zulu said:

Two perfectly legal drugs, when mixed, have the same effect as an illegal one.
Except that the "legal" drugs are only legal when prescribed by a trained and licensed doctor.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
Before you men try turning on the waterworks, you should know that we lack the gene that codes for ESP1.
WHAT? I've been bathing in the tears of tortured virgins for years now and it HASN'T improved my sexiness? What am I going to do with a basement full of virgins NOW?

in a process that we'll just call "science magic,
Say "It's a miracle!" and I get the anti-Juggalonics stick out.

So, does that mean that if you take Prozac and Ritalin together, you get the same effect as a dose of cocaine?
This is one of those questions that gets people on the Darwin Awards.

A coworker of mine suggested we give 10 cokeheads Prozac and Ritalin, and 10 cokeheads cocaine, lock them in a room, and see who's alive at the end. It's kind of like double-blind study meets Thunderdome.

... and I type "Prozac and Ritalin" into Google and it already prompts me to search for "Prozac and Ritalin together". Someone's been busy.

It was short lived, only living about one million years (a mere hiccup in the time period) - and can only be found in Canada's Alberta and Saskatchewan provinces.
See? We had Albertosaurus and Edmontosaurus, now they're run out of place names and are giving us the mojo respect we so richly deserve. (Puts on sunglasses.)

carpathic

Oct 5, 2009
A totally solid set of articles..some thoughts.

First off on the tears - this is like when Stewie licks the tears off someone and says "yes, yes, your anguish sustains me!" (or Cartman after killing and feeding Scott Tetherman's parents to him)

Secondly mojosaurus...awesome

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I think they got the name for the mojoceratops from a completely different source.

Coincidence? I think not.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Ken Sapp said:
008Zulu said:

Two perfectly legal drugs, when mixed, have the same effect as an illegal one.
Except that the "legal" drugs are only legal when prescribed by a trained and licensed doctor.
Alot of today's doctors posses less than adequate training, so maybe they can find work as dealers.

Kollega

Jun 5, 2009
Lauren Admire said:
How noisy is your brain?
Very.

Now that i've answered a rethorical question... i can't really say anything else. It was intresting, sure, but nothing i can comment on.

Except for the fact that there's a typo at the very end of the article.

Necrofudge

May 17, 2009
The Prozac & Ritalin thing was pretty interesting.
I had a friend a while back with ADD and depression.
Hmm, I wonder...