The Escapist Staff's Summer Picks: Susan

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
The Escapist Staff's Summer Picks: Susan

Susan offers her summertime suggestions for gamers who like to be a little mysterious.

Read Full Article

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Yay! Love for Alan Wake!

I'll have to pick up that DS game "Unsolved Crimes" once I'm done with Dragon Quest 9.

Is the Escapist planning a review of DQ9, by any chance?

RoyalWelsh

Feb 14, 2010
I'm definately going to pick up Alan Wake sooner or later. There's just so many games I have yet to complete.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Yay! Love for Alan Wake!

I'll have to pick up that DS game "Unsolved Crimes" once I'm done with Dragon Quest 9.

GAH! Now I can't decide which to get first: Alan Wake, Crackdown 2 or Transformers: War For Cybertron. You have all three, help Onyx! :L

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Wow, Unsolved Crimes would've slipped completely under my radar - I played out the Phoenix Wright games hard and haven't been looking for that type of game in a while. I kind of like the idea of this though, I'll have to check it out.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Hmm... so you're pretty big on mysteries, yes? It seems our tastes are quite similar... I'm going to have to try out all of those games...

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Trauma Team epicness! And Alan wake too...its like sitting down to read a nice book just...its, a game instead! =D

latenightapplepie

Nov 9, 2008
More love for Alan Wake.

Perhaps I should pick it up. I'll check my bank balance and see if I can afford this one indulgence.

sunpop

Oct 23, 2008
No minecraft still how sad because it has many mysteries like why is the creeper such a dick and how are there skeletons and zombies with no people.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
I think I'll rent Alan Wake and play it through with a friend in a month or two
and I'll make him (finish) watch through the Bright Falls short films beforehand xD

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
sunpop said:
No minecraft still how sad because it has many mysteries like why is the creeper such a dick and how are there skeletons and zombies with no people.
Um....what?

Warstratigier

Mar 28, 2009
Hrm mysteries of lately have been rubbing off on me, suppose they can substantiated by how many of them forensic shows that can be seen around A&E and such. Crave it a lot lately but never seems to be enough because when a mystery gets solved...its done, that's it!!

Though I have come across trauma team and wondered about getting for the wii.....I'd figure it'd be an interesting surprise on my part since it is family-owned.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
PurpleLeafRave said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Yay! Love for Alan Wake!

GAH! Now I can't decide which to get first: Alan Wake, Crackdown 2 or Transformers: War For Cybertron. You have all three, help Onyx! :L
Alan Wake. There's a code for a free DLC in it, too. And that DLC is out the 28th, so you won't have to endure the long wait that I had to...

Transformers...I can't recommend it unless you have money to burn, and REALLY like the multiplayer from the demo.

PurpleLeafRave

Hyaaaa!
Feb 22, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
PurpleLeafRave said:
Onyx Oblivion said:
Yay! Love for Alan Wake!

Alan Wake. There's a code for a free DLC in it, too. And that DLC is out the 28th, so you won't have to endure the long wait that I had to...

Transformers...I can't recommend it unless you have money to burn, and REALLY like the multiplayer from the demo.
I'm actually glad you said Alan Wake, because It's the cheapest. Next weekend, when I get paid, I'm getting Alan Wake and a 4200 points card. With that card I'm buying Puzzle Quest 2 and Deathspank. Woop woop!

Kanodin0

Mar 2, 2010
Unsolved Crimes and Trauma team sound very interesting, already played the other two. I'd add Puzzle Agent to the recommendation list if you guys like the other games, particularly Blue Toad since they are both Layton-esque.

Sara Brown

Nov 26, 2008
Sara Brown is fairly certain that it was Mrs. White in the Billiard Room with the rope. She hated Yvette, SO much... it-it- the f - it -flam - flames. Flames, on the side of her face, breathing-breathl- heaving breaths. Heaving breath...

I love Alan Wake, Trauma Team and Unsolved Crimes...so, I guess I'd better download some Blue Toad Murder Files. Thank you Susan!

Susan Arendt

Nerd Queen
Jan 9, 2007
Saria44 said:
Sara Brown is fairly certain that it was Mrs. White in the Billiard Room with the rope. She hated Yvette, SO much... it-it- the f - it -flam - flames. Flames, on the side of her face, breathing-breathl- heaving breaths. Heaving breath...

I love Alan Wake, Trauma Team and Unsolved Crimes...so, I guess I'd better download some Blue Toad Murder Files. Thank you Susan!
Oh, this made me laugh in such a very, very happy way. It was as though I had stumbled across a puppy that was part Holstein.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Susan Arendt said:
sunpop said:
Um....what?
I think he wants you to recommend him a game he's already played so that he can play it again...

Err...

OT: Alan Wake's definitely worthy of more sales, and it better get them because I need to know what happens; and that's only gonna go down in a sequel.

Still, I can't believe they spent 5 years delaying the game only to release it in the same month as a R* game - which genius had that idea?