Community Member Spotlight: Cleril

Kuliani

BEACUASE
Dec 14, 2004
Community Member Spotlight: Cleril

One of The Escapist's most unknown overachievers: Cleril

Read Full Article

Apr 28, 2008
Huh, can't say I've noticed him around before. Then again he seems to mainly be in the reviews/forum game sections so that would explain it.

Interesting interview, and yet another member who is far more talented then me.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
I was wondering when Cleril would get his spotlight. I'm surprised there wasn't a question related to his game tbh.

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
And so my three-week reign comes to an end... XD

I've seen Cleril around in the threads quite a bit, mostly in the review section, but I don't believe we've ever spoken. Shame, huh? Anyway, congratulations on being featured, bud. You really do seem to be a Jack-of-all-trades.

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Cleril said:
I don't often eat it really, I have hot sauce more often than I do bacon....[/b]

I expect all these to be answered in essay format and put on my desk by the end of class.
Buh? It's like some form of mutated cross-over between Cleril's answer to that question and SharPhoe's answer [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/communitytab/7722-Community-Member-Spotlight-SharPhoe].

I mainly know of Cleril through the fact that he's an indie developer (but I first heard of him when someone mentioned the True RPG series), though I've never talked to him nor played any of his stuff. Shame that, the games do look interesting from what I've seen of them.

And congratulations on getting featured.

EDIT:

SharPhoe said:
And so my three-week reign comes to an end... XD
Funnily enough, yours is still the one on the Community Home Page [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/profiles/].

Alas, this is no longer the case.

TheNumber1Zero

Forgot to Remember
Jul 23, 2009
New one's finally up, and it's the game-making guy yet.
Sorry to say I all but forgot about you, but good on ya all the same.

So... keep up the games and stuff, and good luck.

On a semi-related note, I just decided to search up your Group, 107 members? You must do wonderful work.

Fraught

Aug 2, 2008
Yeeee, finally a new one.

Well, I can't say I don't feel a bit jealous every time, but then again, Cleril is one talented dude.

Congratulations for the spotlight, man.

Apr 28, 2008
Cleril said:
Irridium said:
Huh, can't say I've noticed him around before. Then again he seems to mainly be in the reviews/forum game sections so that would explain it.

Interesting interview, and yet another member who is far more talented then me.
I never asked you to play the games? Thought I did. :p

I'd consider it more work than talent, dancing is a talent I have most likely, making games is more of experience and knowing stuffs....yea.
Oh that was you?
Sorry, memory's not so great.

In which case then yes I do know you, kind of, not really actually.

Apr 28, 2008
Cleril said:
I remember the avatar so yes that was me. :D

Well nobody really knows me, not even me!
Ah, yes it was you. Just checked the messages.
I save all PM's for blackmail confirmation on things like this.

Apr 28, 2008
Cleril said:
Irridium said:
Cleril said:
I remember the avatar so yes that was me. :D

Well nobody really knows me, not even me!
Ah, yes it was you. Just checked the messages.
I save all PM's for blackmail confirmation on things like this.
You must have a full inbox....unless you aren't popular! Then you have a neat and tidy inbox I suppose....

I don't know where I'm going with this either.
Eh, just 14 pages. About half the messages are badges, friend notifications, and group invites.

Generator

May 8, 2009
Alright Cleril! I'd actually completely forgotten about this feature at the Escapist, but then I saw your name tacked onto this thread and freaked out! Way to go man, you definitely deserved it.

Regarding the actual interview, I find it odd that they just keep recycling the same questions for each interview. You'd think they'd at least have one personalized question, but oh well. I guess if people want to know about your games, they can always just hit you up!

Swarley

Apr 5, 2010
Cleril makes games and pulls me into steam chats all the time.

I haven't put to much time in his games, so I can't really comment too much on those...

Zombie_Fish

Opiner of Mottos
Mar 20, 2009
Cleril said:
True RPG is famous now or well-known? Hmph, odd that I don't have more players for that then.
If I remember correctly, someone tried doing something similar and your series was brought up in the discussion alongside a rumor that you said you didn't want other people doing something similar. So I'm not sure how well-known it actually is as a series.

And I would definitely be interested in playing some of your games at some point. If you need any personal details then I'm more than willing to take this chat to PM.